Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Busirane
Busirane began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Homemade Rolodex Cover

Here are some pics of a cover I made from a Rolodex business card book. I went to several office supply stores, taking my Cybook with me for sizing. There are all kinds of styles available: vinyl, leather, faux leather. The one I picked was nice fabric with a flexible faux leather spine so it folds back nicely, and it fit perfectly! I got mine at OfficeMax for $10; Staples has them, too, or it looks like you can buy one from Amazon for $8.40, but make sure you get the right size.

Inside the front cover is a clear pocket for a business card, and a faux leather pocket at the bottom. Both covers have fabric panels with openings towards the spine, into which were originally inserted the "cover flaps" of the vinyl business card file; that I just pulled out and discarded (get it... dis-carded? ha!) It came with an elastic pen holder loop that I trimmed off with scissors, along with two other tags that said something like "Made in China". You can see remnants of the pen holder near the upper right, and one of the tags near the center of the spine.

I put two wide strips of self-adhesive Velcro (the hook side) at the top and bottom of the back cover, trimming the rounded corners slightly. I got the Velcro from Jo-Ann fabrics for a few dollars. I put narrower strips of the softer loop side on the back of the Cybook as shown. Why did I use narrower strips on the Cybook? I figured wide strips would stick so tightly it'd be hard to pry the Cybook loose, and I think I guessed right... even the narrow strips are hard to separate, so the Cybook is quite secure!

I can hold the covers and read like a normal book, or I can fold the front cover back and read one-handed. My only complaints (with the Cybook, not the cover) are that the page turning button is WAY too stiff to use comfortably, and it occasionally fails to turn the page, even though the light blinks. This is definitely due to pressing it in a certain way, as I can reproduce it fairly consistently.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2991.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	9520   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2995.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	9521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2997.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	9522  
Busirane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
sharp looking cover
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2008, 02:41 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The end result looks great! Excellent idea.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
AMT
AMT began at the beginning.

Device: CYBOOK
cybook cover

perhaps the velcro avoid the guarantee?
AMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Very nice cover. Great idea.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
Danny Fekete
Electronic Education Buff
Danny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, iRex DR1000s, Sony Reader PRS 650
I'm not sure if it'd be a problem, especially with this crowd, but consider blurring your device's ID number in IMG_2997.

(Also, awfully smart-lookin', hoy.)
Danny Fekete is offline   Reply With Quote