Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2024, 12:07 PM   #16
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
What does it mean?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...light=scramble
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 01:17 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
What does it mean?
Basically, the book will contain the same structure, CSS, etc. but any text and images will be replaced.

I've scrambled an ePub of Ilona Andrews' Santuary generated from the online serial and attached it to this message so you can see what it does.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Sanctuary - Ilona Andrews_scrambled.epub (250.6 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 04-15-2024 at 01:22 PM. Reason: It always helps if you click upload on the right attachment
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2024, 07:42 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
What does it mean?
It means you can legally post the scrambled eBook so we can see the code but we cannot see any of the images or any of the text because that's all been scrambled.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM   #19
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Basically, the book will contain the same structure, CSS, etc. but any text and images will be replaced.

I've scrambled an ePub of Ilona Andrews' Santuary generated from the online serial and attached it to this message so you can see what it does.
Thank you for your file.
Well.. the code I saw in it is not too different from mine...
Anyway, the book I bought have numerous problems and press mistakes. I should set myself and start to correct them.
I opened it and I could look inside...I saw styles in-line, and in some sheets some deprecated tables (
Code:
<table>, <td>
ecc), not a single
Code:
<div>
for elements such as images.
I reached the conclusion that the epub need to be build up again.
I don't feel like doing!
I'll read it on my kindle
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:52 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for your file.
Well.. the code I saw in it is not too different from mine...
Anyway, the book I bought have numerous problems and press mistakes. I should set myself and start to correct them.
I opened it and I could look inside...I saw styles in-line, and in some sheets some deprecated tables (
Code:
<table>, <td>
ecc), not a single
Code:
<div>
for elements such as images.
I reached the conclusion that the epub need to be build up again.
I don't feel like doing!
I'll read it on my kindle
If you've removed the DRM or it has no DRM, you can use the Modify ePub plugin to remove all KePub code.

Here are the settings I use. all KePub code will be removed. After that is done, you can use the KoboTouchExtended driver to add the KePub code back in and send it to your Kobo to read as a proper KePub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-16 165058.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	207641
Advert
Old 04-18-2024, 01:47 AM   #21
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you've removed the DRM or it has no DRM, you can use the Modify ePub plugin to remove all KePub code.

Here are the settings I use. all KePub code will be removed. After that is done, you can use the KoboTouchExtended driver to add the KePub code back in and send it to your Kobo to read as a proper KePub.

Attachment 207641
Hi. Thank you for you suggestion, I followed your instructions but it didn't work.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:15 AM   #22
Jane Eyre
Zealot

As someone suggested, I scrambled this hell of a book. I'm quite fed up with it.
If you still want to examine it, please, go ahead.
Attached Files
File Type: epub italian_folktales_scrambled.epub (3.57 MB, 27 views)
Old 04-18-2024, 06:03 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
As someone suggested, I scrambled this hell of a book. I'm quite fed up with it.
If you still want to examine it, please, go ahead.
I've taken a quick look. This is ePub and not KePub. You would have to run it through the KoboTouchExtended driver to convert it to KePub to send to your Kobo.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:42 AM   #24
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've taken a quick look. This is ePub and not KePub. You would have to run it through the KoboTouchExtended driver to convert it to KePub to send to your Kobo.
Again...
I said it lots of time..This I scrambled is THE EPUB VERSION. The kepub version is inside my device. I'm not able to give it to Calibre, so I can't open it nor process it.

I don't understand what else you ask me to do. Sorry.

Anyway, as I said, I did try to convert the epub by Kobo Touch Ex., but it doesn't activate. I don't know why. I can only convert my means of Kepub Outoput.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:45 AM   #25
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Could you please close this thread? I'm not working on the problem anymore. I will ignore the file and I'll read it on my kindle and that's it.
I'm fed up with the topic.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:56 AM   #26
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Could you please close this thread? I'm not working on the problem anymore. I will ignore the file and I'll read it on my kindle and that's it.
I'm fed up with the topic.
MobileRead doesn't close threads, unless there has been a violation of T&C. You're free not to visit this thread anymore, if you want.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:25 AM   #27
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Ok, I converted the original epub to "Calibre kepub" format and then I scrambled, but I can't put it here. The systems says "invalid file".
Old 04-18-2024, 11:17 AM   #28
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Again...
I said it lots of time..This I scrambled is THE EPUB VERSION. The kepub version is inside my device. I'm not able to give it to Calibre, so I can't open it nor process it.

I don't understand what else you ask me to do. Sorry.

Anyway, as I said, I did try to convert the epub by Kobo Touch Ex., but it doesn't activate. I don't know why. I can only convert my means of Kepub Outoput.
In case anyone else is still interested: kepub are epubs. You can just change the extension to .epub. And from there, you could add the epub (that you changed the extension on), to calibre (I'm not sure about duplicate conflicts), and then run the scramble plugin.

At least that is my understanding
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 11:28 AM   #29
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
A kepub has extra Kobo specific spans.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 12:38 PM   #30
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Guys, I give up.