Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2024, 08:53 PM   #16
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
IIRC the Forma took a hit in image quality because it used a Mobius flexible screen, rather than glass. The Sage is glass, but it has other drawbacks (poor battery life, flaky button detection software).
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 09:03 PM   #17
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
So long life to my Aura One! I'm encouraged in that all five of my Kobos of which the Aura One is the newest are still in decent working order.
I've got four myself, the oldest being the 2013 Aura HD and all of mine are in excellent working order and running up-to-date firmware as well.

I didn't think I'd like the more square shape of the Forma/Sage, and I never felt I needed the buttons, but there are times they are handy. One-handed reading while eating is a happy use of the buttons!

I use Forma as an out-and-about device because of the Mobius screen and light weight.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert