Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 08:14 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
There will be eventually $15 covers. $40 is crazy.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 08:15 AM   #17
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In the UK, the sleep cover is 50% off when you pre-order the Libra Color. In the US, the sleep cover is not discounted.
Yeah, sadly there's no discount here in Canada either. I was hoping that Kobo might have offered a package deal with the Libra Colour, sleep cover, and Stylus 2 like they do with the Elipsa but alas.

Didn't stop me from ordering the Libra Colour and a sleep cover though. Decided to wait to buy the Stylus 2 at a later date.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 08:37 AM   #18
FireFrog
Enthusiast
FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle 2019, Kobo Libra 2
I'm tempted to get the Clara Color. Just to try a color eink screen.
FireFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:29 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFrog View Post
I'm tempted to get the Clara Color. Just to try a color eink screen.
Are you sure you want a smaller screen given that you have a Libra 2?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:52 AM   #20
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Wait a minute. On the US site the new Clara BW is $129.99, but the old Clara 2E is $139.99.

What's going on here? Are the new models discounted at pre-order, and will cost more later? I would have thought Kobo would discount the 2E to clear the old stock.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 10:04 AM   #21
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
On the Spain site:
* Kobo Clara 2E: 149,99€
* Kobo Clara BW: 139,99€

Although you have to search the Clara 2E

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 04-10-2024 at 10:08 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM   #22
kript96
Enthusiast
kript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle PW (2018), Kindle Scribe
I don't understand why there's no new libra bw with carta 1300... It would be the definitive model. In my point of view, the best device for just readers has last eink technology, recessed screen and physical buttons. libra 2 did that, now the ones that really only wants to read books are forced to decide between losing the buttons or losing definition as consequence of the kaleido filter.
kript96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:15 AM   #23
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
It’s possible the original sleep cover will still work, it looks like the new cover has an added slot for the stylus which may be why it’s considered ‘different’, take a look at the images here - https://mobilesyrup.com/2024/04/10/k...colour-reveal/
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:37 AM   #24
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you sure you want a smaller screen given that you have a Libra 2?
And half the resolution too.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:40 AM   #25
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kript96 View Post
I don't understand why there's no new libra bw with carta 1300... It would be the definitive model. In my point of view, the best device for just readers has last eink technology, recessed screen and physical buttons. libra 2 did that, now the ones that really only wants to read books are forced to decide between losing the buttons or losing definition as consequence of the kaleido filter.
The difference between Carta and Carta 1200 isn't huge. The Carta 1300 is a small increment at the same resolution.

Viziplex -> Pearl -> Carta were big jumps.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:45 AM   #26
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
It's in French but here's an unboxing video for the new Clara Colour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAFc_Cn_b4

Overall, the Clara looks and performs as I would have expected. I did find it interesting that when she zoomed in on the Clara's screen, the colours showed a bit of graininess to them rather than being solid. But I've read that in reviews as well so I'm still not dissuaded from my decision to pre-order the Libra Colour.

Last edited by Croptop; 04-10-2024 at 10:52 AM.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:09 AM   #27
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I saw in the video a 84% light-setting! That's huge to get a reasonable color experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 172147.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	207481  

Last edited by DrChiper; 04-10-2024 at 11:23 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:11 AM   #28
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
And half the resolution too.
How does this work practically-speaking for B/W reading? Is it still 300 or does the 150 layer screw that up?
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:04 PM   #29
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
It's in French but here's an unboxing video for the new Clara Colour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAFc_Cn_b4

Overall, the Clara looks and performs as I would have expected. I did find it interesting that when she zoomed in on the Clara's screen, the colours showed a bit of graininess to them rather than being solid. But I've read that in reviews as well so I'm still not dissuaded from my decision to pre-order the Libra Colour.
And here she shows the Libra Colour.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:06 PM   #30
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
First impression video (in French)

https://youtu.be/_i-JV7s4yqY?si=_s45uQeb_ChvRsqC
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote