Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-14-2024, 08:49 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I've also found that the footnotes popup almost never works with KEPUB. Footnotes appear to be the bane of e-books. x)
You might want to check the size of the footnotes files. There is a limit on the number of characters allowed. You might also want to make sure that the epub:type="footnote" or epub:type="endnote" is used. The Kobolabs epubspec github page has more on this. Partial quote below:

Quote:
Warning: Hyperlinked content not using the epub:type attribute footnote or endnote will display as a pop-up on Kobo's iOS and eInk platforms in cases where all the following criteria are met.

The link references a location in the EPUB and also references a specific node within the HTML. Ex.
<a href="chapter.html#uniqueID">link text</a>
Where chapter.html is a file within this EPUB and where uniqueID is the id of a node within that html document.

The content in the node is nine characters or more once stripped of the HTML tags. Ex.
<p id="uniqueID">123456789</p>

The node being linked to is less than or equal to 5000 characters.

The location being linked to comes after the location being linked from. Ex. A reference in Chapter 2 links to a location at the end of the file titled Endnotes or a reference at the beginning of Chapter 2 links to a location at the end of Chapter 2.
In the last while, I haven't had issues with footnotes/endnotes when I follow the rules.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-14-2024 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added link to Kobolabs page
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote