Old 04-19-2024, 02:24 AM   #1
RodRiquez
Enthusiast
RodRiquez began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Exclamation Clara battery dies at 46%

Hi there,

My Clara HD runs out of battery at 46%.

Without warning, when the battery level gets to 46% the device immediately turns off. I am unable to turn it back on or reset it.

If I connect the power cable, the device comes back on after a minute or two. If the battery level then says, for example, 48%, once it gets to 46% it will shut off again.

My Clara HD is 3 years old. Software 4.38 (up to date)

Does the mean the battery needs replacing?
3 years seems like a short lifetime for a device battery, is this normal?
RodRiquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 03:15 AM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
How often does this happen? Kobo has notoriously inaccurate battery meters. If the device shuts off and then says 48% the moment you plug it in, the meter is definitely not calibrated properly. Charge it for a few hours and see if the meter drops properly when you start from 100% full.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2024, 07:32 AM   #3
RodRiquez
Enthusiast
RodRiquez began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
I cant say how often, really its just started but I do remember finding it had gone dead at other times when there seemed to be plenty charge. It could well be the metre as you say.

Ill give what you suggest a try & report back.
RodRiquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:12 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRiquez View Post
I cant say how often, really its just started but I do remember finding it had gone dead at other times when there seemed to be plenty charge. It could well be the metre as you say.

Ill give what you suggest a try & report back.
If it turns out it's the battery, it looks like they can be bought here...

https://batteryint.com/products/3-7v...91ca47ea&_ss=r

I don't know where these ship from, or what the cost is for the shipping.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery life, clara hd