Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2024, 08:15 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
What's the difference between the Kobo Stylus 1 and the Stylus 2?
As Ives says the main difference is AAAA cell vs rechargeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Why Kobo is not listing the Stylus 1 as compatible with the Libra Colour? Marketing? Mistake?
Something like that.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 08:29 AM   #17
calken
calken began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara 2E
Metapen, $33-41 CAD, USB-C Charging

After getting a marked-down Sage last week I also got the Metapen M1 on Amazon.ca for $39 CAD ($33 USD)and I have to say, it's excellent. I do regret not getting the M2 for only $2 more--$41 CAD ($33 USD with prime)as it has the eraser on the top . As I'm using it to read through academic papers as PDFs and the notebook function I thought having the eraser function on a button might improve my workflow but I keep accidentally erasing when I mean to highlight and vice versa, so I might return it for the m2. All in all though, I think its even better than the Samsung S-pen, which isn't compatible with Kobo E-readers, but I've used on my partner's Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra. Comparatively, the metapen has a much better feel and weight, and it may have something to do with the digitizer but I find its detected better on the Kobo than the S-pen was on the tablet, apart from occasional stalling when I've been trying to do to many different functions in rapid succession, but from what I've heard thats more the Sage's fault than anything else. I've heard in general stlylus use is much better on the elipsa 2e, but I just can't justify $500 CAD + HST currently.
calken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:41 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Usually the button on the top is for OneNote on MS Surface and uses BT. The kobo uses the two buttons on the body only.

The Elipsa 2e, IMO, might be heavy for notes. Also it has less pixels. It's the same screen as the original Elipsa. I have the Elipsa and Sage and stopped using the Elipsa for note when I got the Sage.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:44 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Also having used a Wacom with eraser top, I know it's just copying pencil where the only solution is the eraser top. The pens with erase on the body are faster to use. The top eraser is a gimmick on any digitiser.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:57 AM   #20
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by calken View Post
After getting a marked-down Sage last week I also got the Metapen M1 on Amazon.ca for $39 CAD ($33 USD)and I have to say, it's excellent. I do regret not getting the M2 for only $2 more--$41 CAD ($33 USD with prime)as it has the eraser on the top . As I'm using it to read through academic papers as PDFs and the notebook function I thought having the eraser function on a button might improve my workflow but I keep accidentally erasing when I mean to highlight and vice versa, so I might return it for the m2. All in all though, I think its even better than the Samsung S-pen, which isn't compatible with Kobo E-readers, but I've used on my partner's Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra. Comparatively, the metapen has a much better feel and weight, and it may have something to do with the digitizer but I find its detected better on the Kobo than the S-pen was on the tablet, apart from occasional stalling when I've been trying to do to many different functions in rapid succession, but from what I've heard thats more the Sage's fault than anything else. I've heard in general stlylus use is much better on the elipsa 2e, but I just can't justify $500 CAD + HST currently.
Thanks for posting the information about this pen. I've got a Libra Colour on pre-order but didn't opt to buy the Stylus 2 at $89. But Amazon offered me a $4 "coupon" on the Metapen M2 bringining it down to CDN$37 ($41 with taxes in) so given that the M1 is working well for you on a Sage I figured I'd take a punt and order one.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote