Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-22-2024, 02:55 AM   #1
hondabf
Paranoid Monster
hondabf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Arrow Best Kindle Firmware Version to Update to?

I have a 5.10.0.2 jailbreak-ed PW4 Kindle and I wanted to update to a newer version, mostly because I've seen the latest UI updates and the newer features (animation for turning pages, filter by read and unread, bigger interface, etc) and I think they're pretty neat.

But I've also read some of the updates are horrible because they're batter drainers or because they had some questionable/horrifying UI choices that were reverted back or fixed in a continued update.

So I was wondering which newer firmware version (past 2020) is considered the best to update to. I can downgrade at any time by the way, my Kindle isn't even registered to an account and I keep it on airplane.

I know some people hate stock and would recommend KOReader instead, but after tweaking my Kindle for a while now, I kind of accepted that stock is enough for me.

Last edited by hondabf; 04-22-2024 at 02:59 AM.
hondabf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, jailbreak, update