Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #1
Bronco18
Bronco18 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Book Covers are not downloading in Calibre

I lost my whole database of books in Calibre so have had to upload all the books again from before - the covers have loaded in. I have downloaded some new books from amazon and then imported into Calibre - none of the covers are there.

I am using Windows 7 - so the newest Calibre will not load.

Any ideas?
Bronco18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 07:38 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco18 View Post
I lost my whole database of books in Calibre so have had to upload all the books again from before - the covers have loaded in. I have downloaded some new books from amazon and then imported into Calibre - none of the covers are there.

I am using Windows 7 - so the newest Calibre will not load.

Any ideas?
Do these new books have DRM, perhaps?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2022, 11:32 PM   #3
Bronco18

I am not sure what you mean by DRM - they show up as AZW3 as formats.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:34 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco18 View Post
I am not sure what you mean by DRM - they show up as AZW3 as formats.
Do they open in the Calibre viewer?
Old 05-04-2022, 12:28 AM   #5
Bronco18

When I clicked on view from the upper tab, I get a message that it cannot be viewed. But I get the same message from the other books with the covers. I see I used to use a program called ePub, but it does not seem to be able to convert the books to what I need to see the covers. I tried the recommended program from Calibre - DeDRM - but it needed a 5. version of CAlibre and I am using a much older version.
Advert
Old 05-04-2022, 06:51 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

You should be able to download covers via Edit Metadata. But if you're importing the books into Calibre for backup, doing so without removing DRM is pointless. You'll never be able to convert them or read them on anything besides your current Kindle. For backup, DRM must be removed.

You can download the deDRM plugin for Calibre 3.48 here:
https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...ses/tag/v6.8.1

Note that after installing and configuring the plugin, you'll need to re-import your books, as DRM cannot be removed from the books already in the library.

Tags
book covers not loading