Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-12-2024, 05:34 AM   #1
Greg001
Greg001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/Boox
Banking On An E-ink Tablet

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced using banking web sites on an e-ink tablet? (I have a Boox Air Note 3C). I know the tablet won't accept my own banking app, and anyways it is not recommended to use banking apps on an e-ink device due to security concerns; but what about using and browsing a banking website for example with the Chrome or NeoBrowser apps? are there any security concerns I should be aware of?

Thanks for reading
Greg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:44 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
No different to Android in general.
Security depends on vendor and what else is installed. Don't use public WiFi.
Also refresh is an issue on eink. Sometimes part of the app doesn't update unless you select something else.

I think eink is best for reading novels. Some apps have stopped working on my eink Android 8.1, but still work on Android 7.0 phone and cheap Android 8.1 LCD tablet. Same Android account. Chrome and Firefox and other browsers only sort of work.

Some apps never worked, though they still do on my 4.1.x Android phone, which since January can't install apps.
One of my Banking Apps needs Andriod 11 minimum
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2024, 06:28 PM   #3
linkerc
linkerc began at the beginning.

Device: Boox TabUltraC
My only issue with UltraTabC is the dialog box sometimes not visible. Not sure if it's the color version or not. I have to tweak the saturation so much to make certain pop up box to be noticeable. But that screws up normal viewing. So it's not worth the hassle IMO. At least not for my colored version.
As to security, like the above responder suggested. I see it like any other Android devices.
linkerc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, banking, browsing, e-ink