Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #1
mereshow
mereshow began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Onyx N96\N96ML is here!

Hola!

I don't know if you are aware, but Onyx is announcing the Boox N96 on its web page: http://www.onyx-international.com/in...ucts/n96-n96ml

I don't see much improvement with respect to M96 but, what do you think?
mereshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I think I want one.

http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/0...x-n96-ereader/
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mereshow View Post
Hola!

I don't know if you are aware, but Onyx is announcing the Boox N96 on its web page: http://www.onyx-international.com/in...ucts/n96-n96ml

half the RAM, same screen resolution, same everything except for the touchscreen.

Is it worth it?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
espinosa00011
Enthusiast
espinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the roughespinosa00011 is a jewel in the rough

Device: None
Hello,

N96 has dual touch: capacitive and stilus and N96ML has frontlight and stilus.

In my opinion is worthy. I am interested in the model with front light to read at night, I usually need a lamp with my M90. But I want to see a review before buying.
espinosa00011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Now That what I Want!! To bad I cant Afford Do they make one smaller?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2016, 11:07 PM   #6
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Now That what I Want!! To bad I cant Afford Do they make one smaller?
Of course they have the 8" i86 model available with or without the frontlight
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:56 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90 View Post
Of course they have the 8" i86 model available with or without the frontlight
No Price on that one.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:23 AM   #8
mereshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
half the RAM, same screen resolution, same everything except for the touchscreen.

Is it worth it?
It seems that what we saw yesterday was a temporary page (at least, what I saw), they updated the info.
There are 2 versions:
One with dual touch (capacitive + electromagnetic)
Another with electromagnetic touch + front light

Double Touch version does not come with front light and it has half the ram (512MB vs 1GB). Both have a 1GHz Cortex-A9 processor.

Not a huge improvement, but a revision? I don't understand that they are keeping the M96 at the same time...

Last edited by mereshow; 02-03-2016 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:42 AM   #9
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
It seems that what we saw yesterday was a temporary page (at least, what I saw), they updated the info.
There are 2 versions:
One with dual touch (capacitive + electromagnetic)
Another with electromagnetic touch + front light

Double Touch version does not come with front light and it has half the ram (512MB vs 1GB). Both have a 1GHz Cortex-A9 processor.

Not a huge improvement, but a revision? I don't understand that they are keeping the M96 at the same time...
You are right, the Max 13.3 with 207DPI display and i.mx.7 cpu would be a better choice for you.
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Hola!

Finally???? -- A frontlight?

Looks like there is one, according to the link.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:00 PM   #11
IluvToRead
Enthusiast
IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox m92 - Kindle 4
I really cannot understand why Onyx wouldn't produce something that has 300ppi.

My m92 that I bought in 2013 has the same resolution of 1200×825 (157ppi?).

It would be great to have a faster processor (and screen).

There just isn't anything that would make me want to sell the m92 on eBay and buy the N96
IluvToRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #12
rstrube
rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.rstrube is at the top of the food chain.

Device: Aura ONE, Kindle PW3
Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in the N96, it seems to hit a "sweet spot" for me in terms of features.

I had a couple questions for the community and Booxtor regarding this product:

1. Do you have an estimate for when it will be available for purchase?
2. Is it possible to have full access to the Google Play store, or does this require rooting the device?
3. Does Calibre have good support for Onyx devices?

Thank you for your time,
Robert

Last edited by rstrube; 02-08-2016 at 04:33 PM.
rstrube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:03 AM   #13
mereshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvToRead View Post
I really cannot understand why Onyx wouldn't produce something that has 300ppi.

My m92 that I bought in 2013 has the same resolution of 1200×825 (157ppi?).

It would be great to have a faster processor (and screen).

There just isn't anything that would make me want to sell the m92 on eBay and buy the N96
Same situation here :-) I own an m92 (I managed to broke and change the screen twice).

I read a lot of technical books and I need to constantly switch from one book to another and move back and forth in a book. How does the M96 behave in this regard (and N96 also, I presume)?

I join to Robert questions.

Thanks for your time (and sorry for the "not so sure if correct english" expressions).
Old 02-14-2016, 04:38 PM   #14
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
For WiFi, it says: 802.11b/g... surely, this is an 'n' short?!

CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:13 AM   #15
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Same situation here :-) I own an m92 (I managed to broke and change the screen twice).
How much did it costed you changing the screen?
I have since a month a little spot of turned on pixels on the low left corner.
I thought that changing the screen was not competitive with taking an i86 (or a Max maybe)
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, n96, n96ml, onyx