Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
pharme
pharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura
'Articles from Pocket' not showing all articles

Hi all,

This is my first post.

Am on a new Kobo Aura and I am facing an issue with Pocket not showing all articles saved via browser or email send. My Kobo came from Japan and so I have to do the tweak on the .affiliate file to 'KoboIndigo' to have the 'Articles from Pocket' link reflected in Library. My Android phone and Chrome browser showed all of the saved articles but not on my Kobo Aura, only a few showed up. What's wrong, may I know?

pharme
pharme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The problem is probably with what Pocket think an "article" is. If you go to the Pocket web page, it has an "All items" list and an "Articles" list. Only the latter will be shown on the Aura. If you think Pocket has gotten the classification wrong, tell them. I think others have reported success in getting this changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #3
pharme
pharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterpharme can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem is probably with what Pocket think an "article" is.
Yeap, you are right, I am catching up with the reading here on this matter. Any way that can make an 'article' out of those Pocket deems as not on my end, so that Kobo can catch them all in?
Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not that I know of.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well you can always send the pages that were not captured correctly to Pocket Support and ask them to look in to why they were incorrectly flagged.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2014, 12:30 AM   #6
pharme

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Well you can always send the pages that were not captured correctly to Pocket Support and ask them to look in to why they were incorrectly flagged.
I have just alerted the ppl @ Pocket on this. Will send them the pages after i get to know a little on how they 'article' pages.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:45 PM   #7
xPrzybyLx
xPrzybyLx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Any updates on this matter ? Maybe a simple button that will mark links as "arcitcles" when adding to pocket...
xPrzybyLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As has been said; it's strictly up to the Pocket folks as to how a page captured by them is flagged.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:30 AM   #9
xPrzybyLx
xPrzybyLx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Yes I know but I found a workaround for this...

If website is HTML5 and contains NAV and ARTICLE section - go to browser's developer tools and remove NAV - in fact You can also remove any "menus", so that what is ledt is main content with ARTICLE section. Now just add it to Pocket. The website will appear in Articles section.
xPrzybyLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #10
Fabyk
Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fabyk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus / Onyx Boox M90
Hello,

I am facing the same problem with this site: http://www.mlwerke.de/le/le25/le25_395.htm and many other german sites (e.g. wikipedia or online literature as above). pocket is the only way to get text over to my glo hd via wlan. so this is very annoying.

the workaround of xPrzybyLx didn't work :-/

did someone else got a solution for this?

thanks in advance!
Fabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #11
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
mine used to work fine but all of a sudden articles are not showing
i do think its an issue with pocket

and im thinking of going over to kindle as a result
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #12
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPrzybyLx View Post
Yes I know but I found a workaround for this...

If website is HTML5 and contains NAV and ARTICLE section - go to browser's developer tools and remove NAV - in fact You can also remove any "menus", so that what is ledt is main content with ARTICLE section. Now just add it to Pocket. The website will appear in Articles section.

where is this in chrome? or safari

i use feedly to save to pocket too from ios device just press on an article and it 'saves to pocket' although not for certain websites
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:48 AM   #13
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I'm having the same problem. Is there any way to actually use pocket to actually transfer stuff to Calibre for conversion and then to an e-reader?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:46 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I'm having the same problem. Is there any way to actually use pocket to actually transfer stuff to Calibre for conversion and then to an e-reader?
No, there isn't a way to transfer Pocket articles from the Kobo devices to calibre. If there was, it wouldn't help this case. It would only be possible to transfer articles that were downloaded to the device, and these one weren't.

If you want them in calibre, Pocket is a news source. You can use that to download the articles to calibre and then send these to the device. I have never tried this, so I don't know how well it works.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:31 AM   #15
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
There is a calibre recipe to transfer stuff from pocket to the kobo.
There are sevweral variations of it in github as well.

I bookmark stuff on the kobo into pocket all the time to share it with other web browsers, etc..
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote