Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-21-2023, 07:52 AM   #1
Kindleschokolade
Connoisseur
Kindleschokolade began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW3
Custom Fonts in tab X

Hello,
i am using a Tab X with the current firmware ( 2023-04-19_12-03_3.3.2_37262e9621 ) and I am trying to add some custom fonts for some better reading in some of my books.
I found some straightforward information on how to add custom fonts ( create directory "fonts" and dd otf / ttf font files, restart ).
However that does not work. Neither in "Notes"-app nor in the system settings.

Has this feature been disabled by onyx?

Thanks a lot
Kindleschokolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 12:27 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
In Android there are basically three kinds of fonts (a/k/a Typeface):
  1. Default fonts: DEFAULT, DEFAULT_BOLD, MONOSPACE, SANS_SERIF, SERIF
  2. System fonts: Anything in /system/fonts and referenced in /system/etc/fonts.xml
  3. Anything else: In a non-standard location
Some apps can only use 1, or 1/2 or 1/2/3.

Worst case: If you are using Magisk you can insert fonts into /system/fonts and update /system/etc/fonts.xml if your app is 1/2.
Does your app give you a choice of "NotoSansDevanagari"? Then it's a 1/2.

Sorry, I don't use Onyx apps.

Last edited by Renate; 10-21-2023 at 04:31 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2023, 12:28 PM   #3
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
They will be available in Neoreader and other reading apps. I don't think you can add system fonts.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 03:24 PM   #4
Kindleschokolade
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Does your app give you a choice of "NotoSansDevanagari"? Then it's a 1/2.
Yes, NotoSansDevanagari is present.

Quote:
They will be available in Neoreader and other reading apps. I don't think you can add system fonts.
Ah. Ok. The fonts show up in Neoreader but not in "Notes" though.
Old 10-21-2023, 04:32 PM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleschokolade View Post
The fonts show up in Neoreader but not in "Notes" though.
Well, how many fonts do you see in Notes?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2023, 07:49 AM   #6
Kindleschokolade
Connoisseur

I see lot of fonts in Notes from "AndroidClock Regular" to "Source Sans Pro SemiBold Italic" ( did not count ) in the "CJK" section and basically the same in the "English" section.
In Neoreader my custom fonts show up in the "English" section.