Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-20-2023, 11:07 AM   #16
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicvoid View Post
I honestly prefer links, rather than Youtube trackers being injected into the forums.
I totally agree! Good song btw
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 06:19 PM   #17
z12
z12 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Is there any hope that the Android 12 version shipped with these new devices can be ported back to Android 11 devices?
Perhaps by leveraging project treble? At least for the case of tab ultra c and the pro version, the differences in hardware sound small enough that one could dream. Unless Onyx went out of its way to block the new versions from running on old hardware
z12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 05:33 AM   #18
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z12 View Post
Is there any hope that the Android 12 version shipped with these new devices can be ported back to Android 11 devices?
Onyx has never done this before
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:26 AM   #19
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
A number of years ago, Onyx released an optional "update" whereby interested users could update their Note Pro and Nova Pro devices from Android 6 to Android 9.

I followed the instructions offered by Onyx and was able to do this on my Note Pro and Nova Pro. Not being particularly tech savvy, it was a little bit nerve-racking to do, but it worked. However, I seem to recall some people encountering difficulties with the process as the instructions were not as clear as they could have been.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:16 AM   #20
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
A number of years ago, Onyx released an optional "update" whereby interested users could update their Note Pro and Nova Pro devices from Android 6 to Android 9.
Thanks for the correction.
However, significant functions have been added, such as split screen, which is not the case with 11 on 12
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 04:15 PM   #21
z12
z12 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I meant by the community. I don't expect much from Onyx itself
z12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:44 PM   #22
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
It's probably easier to remove some warts from A12 instead of going back to A11.
What offends you? What would you wish to pluck out?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 03:37 AM   #23
AndyG
AndyG began at the beginning.

Device: 505, Kindle DX
That poster asked if the A12 OS on the newer devices could be used on other, older, Boox devices. The answer is yes in theory, but unfortunately no in practice.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launch