Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-16-2023, 09:12 AM   #1
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
October 17 Onyx launch?

Not a lot of info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n21K6x5t34g
This makes it this evening (7PM) for me on October 16.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 10:51 AM   #2
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
It seems likely it'll just be colour devices: "Colorfully Wonderful."

Would not interest me. I want a black and white Tab Ultra, preferably without the camera, with 300PPI and that new Carta 1300 technology.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2023, 12:18 PM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
Would not interest me. I want a black and white Tab Ultra, preferably without the camera, with 300PPI and that new Carta 1300 technology.
But your wish will not be fulfilled - even the Chinese versions now have the camera
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 01:46 PM   #4
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
But your wish will not be fulfilled - even the Chinese versions now have the camera
Well, that would just be a minor annoyance. Unfortunately, I think my other wishes won't be fulfilled either. It seems that Boox is more interested in the colour e-ink market now. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that, though.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:13 PM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was hoping that the announcement would be that they are relasing EDL Firehose loaders for all their products, that Secure Boot will not be used anymore and that they will post the source code for everything.

Hey, I can dream.
Advert
Old 10-16-2023, 02:23 PM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, that would just be a minor annoyance. Unfortunately, I think my other wishes won't be fulfilled either. It seems that Boox is more interested in the colour e-ink market now. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that, though.
Well, the readers will probably remain greyscale
Old 10-16-2023, 10:07 PM   #7
Renate
Wizard

New Note Air3 C $500
New Tab Ultra C Pro $650

Last edited by Renate; 10-16-2023 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-17-2023, 04:35 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post

New Note Air3 C $500
New Tab Ultra C Pro $650
With these battery sizes they are uninteresting
Old 10-17-2023, 11:34 AM   #9
kandwo
Addict

According to an Onyx Boox representative from the Russian company they are not currently planning a BW version of the Tab Ultra C Pro.

I dunno, seems like a lot of money for a technology that I'm unsure about. If it were a 13 inch reader then the size would fit Western comics at least. As it is, I'm worried that the screen would be too dark and grainy due to the colour filter - and too small for many comics.

How long until somebody finally offers a good alternative to the Kindle Scribe?
Old 10-17-2023, 11:42 AM   #10
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
I dunno, seems like a lot of money for a technology that I'm unsure about.
Well, wait a couple of weeks. Onyx will probably release another batch of products.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:52 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Not a lot of info:
This makes it this evening (7PM) for me on October 16.
Please don't post YouTube links. Instead, embed the video.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 06:02 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
How long until somebody finally offers a good alternative to the Kindle Scribe?
Kobo Elipsa 2E
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 07:17 PM   #13
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please don't post YouTube links. Instead, embed the video.
Old 10-17-2023, 11:14 PM   #14
kandwo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kobo Elipsa 2E
Not 300 PPI, so not a good alternative for me. It also lacks an SD card slot, which the Tab Ultra has. That would be important to me since a device like this would be used for PDFs, comics, manga and the like that take a lot of space.

It seems that Onyx Boox just haven't received enough Carta 1300 screens to start producing B/W versions of the tablets.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:32 PM   #15
cosmicvoid
cosmicvoid began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
I honestly prefer links, rather than Youtube trackers being injected into the forums.

I skimmed through the video and larger e-ink tablets only interest me slightly, but one of the things I'm happy to see is the presence of microSD card slots. So many OEMs of tablets and smartphones have been removed this over the past 5-8 years, and it's bummed me out. Glad to see Onyx embracing it.
cosmicvoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launch