Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-26-2023, 01:51 AM   #1
tokyoghoul
tokyoghoul began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab Ultra c
Tab Ultra C Bluetooth

Hello!

I was wondering if there was anyway to retain Bluetooth connectivity on my Boox device even after it falls into sleep mode. I have rooted my device but I'm unsure if this function would be possible. If not, is there anyway to keep audio playing from the device in sleep mode?
tokyoghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 02:02 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoghoul View Post
I was wondering if there was anyway to retain Bluetooth connectivity on my Boox device even after it falls into sleep mode. I have rooted my device but I'm unsure if this function would be possible. If not, is there anyway to keep audio playing from the device in sleep mode?
If you put the device into sleep mode, it will sleep - including WiFi and Bluetooth
An Eink device only uses a lot of power when changing images and the associated activities, and little when nothing is happening in this regard.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2023, 07:14 AM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
No, sleep is sleep.
But some apps can continue to play when the screen is turned off.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 08:49 PM   #4
tokyoghoul

Thank you so much ottischwenk and Renate!
Old 09-27-2023, 02:29 PM   #5
jljtgr
Enthusiast
jljtgr began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Nova Air C
At the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried changing this setting?

Your device is newer, so I figured it would also have the option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230927-142328.png
Views:	60
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	203983  
jljtgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2023, 11:51 PM   #6
tokyoghoul

I rooted my Onyx, so I only have the option to delay sleep for up to 30 minutes. Do you happen to know if there's any way to enable this setting after rooting?
Old 10-01-2023, 07:52 AM   #7
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Indiscriminately keeping your device awake when "screen off" is a poor idea.
MediaPlayer (or its replacements) often use wake locks to keep the music playing.
OTOH, Eink is so low power that audio with screen on and audio with screen off are about the same power consumption.

Last edited by Renate; 10-01-2023 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:03 AM   #8
tokyoghoul

Ah, okay, that makes sense! Thank you so much Renate and jljtgr Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-01-2023, 11:41 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoghoul View Post
Ah, okay, that makes sense!
But do not forget to turn off the light!
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 01:01 PM   #10
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
But do not forget to turn off the light!
But Tom Bodett says that he'll leave the light on.