Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
mitford
mitford began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Unhappy Total crash of M96 after October update

Hello everyone!

After I did last update from my local device (ereader), M96 does not work. I reach only "BOOX reader" page. I have already tried booting and manual flashing, but everything stuck during process "Writing system partition...". My mistake that I did not use external SD-card for updating, so now, whenever I boot into recovery regime, reader automatically starts system update from driver and freezes again.

May I ask you for any suggestions?
mitford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Now I know why I always wait for somebody else to beta test it.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
mitford

And I have installed Android SDK Manager and see device fastbooted (only). Is there any way how through this flash older firmware, please?
Old 10-26-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,
please try to update using MFG tool (it includes latest update):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...fa90c_user.zip

Please try to flash your device using this tool.
Unzip the file above in a new folder. Afterwards do following:

1. switch off your device (press and hold power on button for 10 sec
2. boot it in download mode (press and hold pgdn and pgup buttons of your M96 and press power on. Led blinks once blue, but screen will not change in download mode)

3. connect your device to PC
4. Start MFG Tools from unzipped folder. You should be able to see an HID conform device in list of connected devices. Press Start and wait for installation procedure has been processed.

@joblack: Our updates are definitive not beta versions. It is just next build with some improvements, fixed discovered bugs and additional functions in reader apps. When the updating process fails by one user of many, it could obviously have other reasons, than updating routine itself. The technique is quite complicated nowadays.

Last edited by Booxtor; 10-26-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:18 AM   #5
mitford

Thank you so much Booxtor! I downloaded and used mfgtool on Friday, but I had to do something wrong, device was not detected. Now it works, many thanks and sorry for bothering.

As an aside this was my second update and previous passed well.
Advert

Tags
update failed