Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-15-2023, 05:28 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Here are my settings on my Kobo Libra H2O. This is a Kobo Plus book, and it has left justification, which I prefer. It’s interesting that your Kobo Plus book doesn’t have it, DNSB. I guess it must depend on the publisher.

You cannot use tapatalk links to post images. Please attach the images. This way you can make them hi-res as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 06:18 PM   #32
fabb
fabb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6943.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	670.8 KB
ID:	202055  
fabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2023, 06:39 PM   #33
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Here's Georgia on my Libra 2.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	font_settings.png
Views:	178
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	202056  
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 08:20 PM   #34
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
ChareInk6. The unweighted version with weight added on the Kobo.
Hmm, I'm using an older version of ChareInk on my Kobos. I'll have to grab this and update it.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:53 PM   #35
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Here are the key settings for my Sage (using KOReader)

Quote:
["copt_font_size"] = 20.5,
["copt_h_page_margins"] = {
[L] = 20,
[R] = 22,
["copt_line_spacing"] = 104%,
["cre_font"] = "Rakuten Serif",
The result looks as shown
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	settings.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	455.0 KB
ID:	202061  
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2023, 02:04 AM   #36
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The fun is in seeing the pictures, mediocre or no.
OK, good point.

I tried again. Who would have thought a flatbed scanner would scan an eReader? Not me! But it came out pretty good. Lot's of dust showed up though. Little white specks everywhere. Guess I need to use some Dust-Off off my scanner screen and my Paperwhite.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PW3_screen.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	486.3 KB
ID:	202062  
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 03:21 AM   #37
mt.msla
Enthusiast
mt.msla began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 3gb
Stock Kindle 4 touch.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KindleTouch_font.png
Views:	148
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	202063  
mt.msla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:41 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@kyrilson would you mind reposting your photos but not using TapaTalk links as they do not work? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 08:08 AM   #39
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't think I've glanced at the settings for the reading app on my Kindle Fire for a few years. But this is what it looks like when I read:

Name:	Screenshot_20230616-080221.png
Views:	129
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	202067
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 08:13 AM   #40
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
@kyrilson would you mind reposting your photos but not using TapaTalk links as they do not work? Thanks.
I fixed the links:

305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 08:27 AM   #41
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
From Wikipedia:

American vaudevillian and actor Bert Lahr used the catchphrase "Heavens to Murgatroyd!" in the 1944 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer musical comedy Meet the People. The phrase was later popularized by the Hanna-Barbera cartoon character Snagglepuss.

So Snagglepuss is a caricature of the Cowardly Lion. I'm fascinated to learn how many cartoon characters are based on pop culture figures. Fred Flintstone is Jackie Gleason, etc.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 09:12 AM   #42
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305869 View Post
I fixed the links:

Thank you! I got sidetracked last night and forgot to fix that. I downloaded ChareInk6 and put that on. Comparing the two, the ChareInk6 seems a tad better for me so I'm going with that now. Sometimes I go with umm, what's it called... ChareInkSP or something like that. Some books look better with that one over ChareInk to me.

Last edited by kyrilson; 06-16-2023 at 09:18 AM.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 12:43 PM   #43
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Here's pics of the other two readers I regularly use: A Kindle Paperwhite 3 and a 2015 Nook Glowlight Plus. The Kindle has seen better days. I promise, I'm not the one that beat it up.

Hardware wise, the Plus is my favorite device. It's actually heavy-ish and chunky, but I find I like that. I also like the pebbled bezel.

If Kobo's software wasn't just SO much better, the Nook would be my go-to. (In a recent-ish update, they turned off hyphenation. I wish they hadn't done that. Some people prefer no hypehantion, so I can't say it was a bad decision. But it was one I didn't like.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20230616_161503741.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	903.4 KB
ID:	202073   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230616_161537739.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	202074  
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 12:49 PM   #44
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
I'm not a fan of hyphenation but I can't think of a good reason to remove a feature instead of just adding a setting to turn it off.
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 12:53 PM   #45
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Here's pics of the other two readers I regularly use: A Kindle Paperwhite 3 and a 2015 Nook Glowlight Plus. The Kindle has seen better days. I promise, I'm not the one that beat it up.

Hardware wise, the Plus is my favorite device. It's actually heavy-ish and chunky, but I find I like that. I also like the pebbled bezel.

If Kobo's software wasn't just SO much better, the Nook would be my go-to. (In a recent-ish update, they turned off hyphenation. I wish they hadn't done that. Some people prefer no hypehantion, so I can't say it was a bad decision. But it was one I didn't like.)
I like the Nook hardware too. They make some nice readers. But their software makes me want to weep.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote