Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-11-2024, 06:12 AM   #37201
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
It was trying to flush the toilet that did it!
That must have been some size turd.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:49 PM   #37202
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
The freezer section in the grocery store has clear glass so you can see all the offerings inside without opening them. There is NO NEED to stand there for several minutes with the freezer door open while you decide which flavor of ice cream to buy.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2024, 10:14 PM   #37203
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
The freezer section in the grocery store has clear glass so you can see all the offerings inside without opening them. There is NO NEED to stand there for several minutes with the freezer door open while you decide which flavor of ice cream to buy.

And then the doors fog up, and the next person HAS to open the doors to see what flavor ice cream to buy....it's a vicious cycle.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:26 AM   #37204
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
I'm one of those people who do that. Even with glasses, my vision is very bad. Sometimes it's hard for me to read the labels at the distance, especially if the glass is smudged or something.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:30 AM   #37205
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
I'm one of those people who do that. Even with glasses, my vision is very bad. Sometimes it's hard for me to read the labels at the distance, especially if the glass is smudged or something.
Same here.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2024, 12:26 PM   #37206
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 03:13 PM   #37207
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Last month they finally put in the fiber optic cables in the street for high speed internet. Last Thursday we got a letter telling us that this week and next week between 8 am and 4 pm they would be connecting the cable to the apartments (just the cable, not the service, you have to arrange for that yourself) for those who want fiber internet. If you do it now it's free, if you do it at a later date you'll have to pay for it.

So, even if we won't be switching to fiber internet for the last two months we live here my sister opted to get the cable brought into the apartment. For which a hole needs to be drilled in the outside front wall. On Friday she called to make an appointment, which was for today. They would come between 2 and 3 pm, maybe earlier because when she called they didn't have a lot of appointments yet.

So I stayed home today. Dressed nicely, even wearing a bra. And I waited. All around me I heard them drill all day long. But they never showed up for our appointment. They didn't let my sister know why. So now she has to call tomorrow and see what's going on. Tomorrow morning the cleaner is coming, so we'll tell her not to open the door.

But now I have to wait another day for them to come, assuming my sister can set up a new appointment. But I'm now dressing nicely. They're getting me in in comfy sweatpants, my weirdest bandshirt and an old, comfy cardigan.

Add to the annoyance of the waiting for nothing is that it was a noisy day. With the drilling, me doing laundry, some ding dong who raced through the neighbourhood on his dirt bike and a Turkish wedding up the street (honking cars for over 2 hours). And I'm feeling aurally overstimulated, so I'll have to wait and see if and when I'm able to fall asleep.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 06:11 PM   #37208
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
These were younger people, college aged. No one wearing glasses.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 06:31 PM   #37209
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The tile floor at the local mall is very smooth and difficult for me to walk on because I constantly have to fight to keep from slipping and losing my balance. Hours later, my legs are still all aching from it.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:23 PM   #37210
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
These were younger people, college aged. No one wearing glasses.
Young people can have poor vision too; I've been wearing glasses since I was 8 years old. And today's young people are more likely to wear contact lenses than glasses.

Then again, it might just have been poor manners.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 07:31 PM   #37211
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
At least, they weren't opening the ice cream and tasting it.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:35 PM   #37212
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The tile floor at the local mall is very smooth and difficult for me to walk on because I constantly have to fight to keep from slipping and losing my balance. Hours later, my legs are still all aching from it.

Was everyone else slipping around too? Otherwise, consider it may be your shoes.... Or perhaps it's a marketing tactic by the shoe stores in the mall to push their non-slip soles....
Old 04-15-2024, 09:52 PM   #37213
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Was everyone else slipping around too? Otherwise, consider it may be your shoes.... Or perhaps it's a marketing tactic by the shoe stores in the mall to push their non-slip soles....
Parkinson's Disease.
Old 04-16-2024, 06:47 AM   #37214
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
And then the doors fog up, and the next person HAS to open the doors to see what flavor ice cream to buy....it's a vicious cycle.
I watched a woman and her child hold open about 10 consecutive freezer doors while they stood and stared inside. It resulted in an entire aisle of extremely frosted glass. I don't have the locations of things I need memorized, so naturally, I had to lather, rinse, repeat to find what I needed. Maddening.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 06:47 AM   #37215
ApK

Quote:
Parkinson's Disease.

Ah, then do consider some high traction shoes. I know some climbers who wear Five Tennies, which are sneakers with sticky climbing-shoe rubber soles.
https://eveningsends.com/five-ten-five-tennie/

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness