Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-05-2023, 06:41 PM   #16
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
You don't need to create the file before running the tool. Also, it will not add code to your cover.xhtml. It creates a new file, named titlepage.xhtml.

It works as expected here (calibre 6.24).
Really? If that is the case, how does one actually add a cover using Tools => Add a cover?

None of this makes any sense whatsoever.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 07:38 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Really? If that is the case, how does one actually add a cover using Tools => Add a cover?

None of this makes any sense whatsoever.
IT Works. This is not Burger King (Your way slogan)

Test done with V6.23 Windows on an EMPTY BOOK (no formats)
I selected that book: Tapped 'T', it asked me if I wanted to create that format: yes:. (there was only a blank Start page)
Tools add cover: It asked me if I wanted to Import an Image (there were none in the book): Yes : selected an image from the PC (a IBM 3380 DASD string with controller if you must know ) : OK

Presto, I now have titlepage.xtml at the top of the file browser

Way more Simple than my post #3 (1 page book attached)
Attached Files
File Type: epub 345is-Able_Tesy_3.epub (16.6 KB, 31 views)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2023, 07:49 PM   #18
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
You don't need to create the file before running the tool. Also, it will not add code to your cover.xhtml. It creates a new file, named titlepage.xhtml.

It works as expected here (calibre 6.24).
Right!!
With that new bit of info, I tried again.
And, yes, when running that tool, on an empty epub, I run the tool, select an image by importing it, and when I press OK, the titlepage.xhtml with the imported cover is now created.

I've never used this because my library entry always has a cover in place before adding or editing the book, so when I open the book for the first time, the titlepage.xhtml is automatically created.

Thanks.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote