Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #1
tefo
tefo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Question Help to debrick PW2 stuck on tree screen almost complete loading bar

Hello!

I have a Kindle PW2 for idk how many years now, it is jb and had dual boot with duokan 2015 and I've never had any problem using both boots nor anything.

The thing is that yesterday after a full charge I've tried to use my kindle and the touchscreen had no response what so ever. I've tried hard reset (40s) but the problem persisted.

So, I've read that a factory reset could do the trick if it was not a hw problem and so I've tried the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file into the USB drive, and reboot. And that's where I've got hung up on this boot, tree screen almost complete loading bar and after a few minutes it loads the screensaver.

And now when I connect the device on the PC, it is recognized as D:/ but I cannot access its files or format the drive. On Device Manager it recognizes that it is a kindle etc.

Can anyone help me on this?
I've found this link https://gist.github.com/TobiasWooldr...ca75190b9a473f

but for the moment I don't have USB TTY device, so I wanted to try anything before getting access to this device.

Thank you very much for your attention and patience!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	95bar.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	182414  
tefo is offline   Reply With Quote