Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-03-2019, 09:32 PM   #586
John.Dorrian
Enthusiast
John.Dorrian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle KB, Onyx Boox Note
I have noticed a shadow from previously viewed pages on my onyx boox note. I tried to go one page back, then one page forward, it still persists.
What is your solution for this?
John.Dorrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #587
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Dorrian View Post
Sir, what navigation setting are you using for the best reading experience in layout mode, I mean
1. Number of rows and columns
2. Direction
I haven't really played around with the settings too much. Have mainly been reading epubs of late. For them, I just choose a font size that suits my eyes and that's about it.

Haven't played around with reflow and other layout arrangements for PDFs yet. The few Pdfs I been reading didn't really need it. Usually just cropping them was fine for my purposes.

Quote:
Perhaps I should get Max2 instead, although I like case in Note, and its portability.
That might be a good idea if you are using it mainly for work purposes with technical PDFs. There is also a similar case available for the Max line of ereaders. I got one for my Max 1 and it is quite nice, but I prefer the portability of my Note.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2019, 11:31 PM   #588
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have noticed a shadow from previously viewed pages on my onyx boox note. I tried to go one page back, then one page forward, it still persists.
What is your solution for this?
In the task bar at the top of the device, second from the right there is a circle made up of two arrows. You tap that to go in and out of A2 mode. That will refresh your screen.

In A2 mode, pages load quicker, but there is more ghosting. I believe there are also settings somewhere where you can set how often you would like the screen to refresh itself.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:42 PM   #589
John.Dorrian
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I got one for my Max 1 and it is quite nice, but I prefer the portability of my Note.
Could you please share the information on the Max’s protective case?
##
I like portability as well, that’s why I look into direction of 13” Sony Digital paper more and more often. Rumour has it, Sony might release a new generation of Digital paper in May 2019.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:06 PM   #590
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Could you please share the information on the Max’s protective case?
I purchased the protective case from ereader.store in Germany.

https://ereader.store/en/protective-...series-36.html

Virtually identical to the Note case except that it fits the Max series of ereaders.
Advert
Old 03-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #591
John.Dorrian
Enthusiast

Quote:
I purchased the protective case from ereader.store in Germany.

https://ereader.store/en/protective-...series-36.html

Virtually identical to the Note case except that it fits the Max series of ereaders.
Thanks
Unfortunately out of stock
Do you have tendency to lose magnets on the cover? There’s a pair of spare magnets that came with the case for my Note. I wonder why they didn’t place magnets inside similar to Apple smart case.

By the way, how much taxes and duties were collected when products shipped from Germany to Canada with DHL. You can PM me if you prefer.

I have rather negative experience with overseas shipping with DHL, that’s the reason of reluctancy to order from Germany.

Last edited by John.Dorrian; 03-04-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:35 AM   #592
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I wonder why they didn’t place magnets inside similar to Apple smart case.
That one is kind of obvious. They are afraid to infringe on some patent on how to place and secure magnets inside a smart protective case.

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #593
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
By the way, how much taxes and duties were collected when products shipped from Germany to Canada with DHL. You can PM me if you prefer.

I have rather negative experience with overseas shipping with DHL, that’s the reason of reluctancy to order from Germany.
I got the case separately from the Max about a year after getting the Max. It was shipped by regular post and I didn't end up having to pay any taxes or duties on it.

My Max came via UPS, and UPS messed up the paperwork which resulted in my Max being held up at customs for an inordinate amount of time. They then significantly undercharged me for the associated duties and taxes. A good while later they called me up asking me to pay the rest of the amount. However, when I asked for all the associated paperwork, they said they would waive the amount. My guess is they didn't want to admit to not having the paperwork.

When I got my Note from the same store, I believe it also came by UPS. The paperwork was all in order this time. From what I recall, it was really just the regular sales tax plus a $10 or $15 processing fee that I had to pay.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #594
Question Mark
Wizard

Here is a link to a Canadian government website on which you can calculate any duty and taxes you will be asked to pay on various products according to which province you reside in:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...t-cal-eng.html

Of course, there might also be a processing fee from the courier company on top of that, but in my experience that has usually been a minimal amount.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #595
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Photos of opened up note lite

Hello. Not sure if anyone would need this but here are some photos of Note Lite insides. A link

Last edited by Neru; 01-25-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #596
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Is anyone else is having a issue with clicking noise coming from speakers?(with all sounds turned off).

Last edited by Neru; 03-19-2019 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:03 PM   #597
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Is anyone else is having a issue with clicking noise comming from speakers?(with all sounds turned off).
Haven't noticed any clicking sounds coming from my Note.

When and how often does it happen? What apps do you have open when it occurs? Are you reading, note taking, surfing the web...? How loud is the clicking and how long does it go on for?
Old 03-19-2019, 03:51 AM   #598
Neru
!!!

Quote:
Haven't noticed any clicking sounds coming from my Note.

When and how often does it happen? What apps do you have open when it occurs? Are you reading, note taking, surfing the web...? How loud is the clicking and how long does it go on for?
It happens on any app when something on the screen change or when the screen refreshes. It is just a short click (or pop). I think that it is either my unit only or it happens on lite models only as I haven't found reports of it.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #599
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
It happens on any app when something on the screen change or when the screen refreshes. It is just a short click (or pop). I think that it is either my unit only or it happens on lite models only as I haven't found reports of it.
No, my Note definitely does not do that. Just tried it out to be sure while forcing the screen to frequently refresh. No clicking.

You might want to contact the retailer from whom you purchased your Note Lite because I have never heard of such a problem. It might be specific to your device.

You may also want to seek help on Onyx's forum: http://bbs.onyx-international.com/categories
Old 03-20-2019, 12:01 AM   #600
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
For your reference, you could try to turn off the A2 mode.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote