Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-06-2021, 10:02 PM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, that is the same error as originally. I reverted the change in 5.19 as it caused crashes, which is unacceptable.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #32
jackb
jackb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

A quick update, I just installed version 5.21 and am no longer having any problems at all.

I've tested it twice and both times Calibre came up and communicated with the phone just fine. I did notice that the the initial job that goes out to interrogate the phone lasted very long, approximately 90 seconds, but it all worked just fine.

Many many thanks for a wonderful product and such phenomenal support.
jackb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:52 AM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Weird there werent any changes in 5.21 related to this at all.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:16 AM   #34
rasteps
Zealot
rasteps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackb View Post
Hello,

A quick update, I just installed version 5.21 and am no longer having any problems at all.

I've tested it twice and both times Calibre came up and communicated with the phone just fine. I did notice that the the initial job that goes out to interrogate the phone lasted very long, approximately 90 seconds, but it all worked just fine.

Many many thanks for a wonderful product and such phenomenal support.

Strange. I still have the error.

calibre, version 5.21.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o117

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 515, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 220, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 192, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 272, in filesystem_cache
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o117
rasteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:50 AM   #35
rasteps
Zealot
rasteps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android phone
UPDATE:

Somehow the new update 5.221 reset something and now my phone connects to Calibre. Like Jackb's situation, it took about 2-1/2 minutes to scan at first, but then scanned faster the next time round.

@Kovid: Thank you for the support. And even if you didn't do anything, thank you spending time looking into the solution.

@Jackb: Your workaround solved another prob I was having with processing filenames before sending them to my phone, so I'm actually going to keep using that.
rasteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:14 AM   #36
philipblee
philipblee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Idispatch Error #7689 on Kindle 11 (13th Generation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's an error on the device,scanning its filesystem is failing. Dont know of any way to fix that short fo resetting the device.

calibre, version 7.9.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WPDError</b>:C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\conten t_enumeration.cpp:337:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o13

calibre 7.9 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:337:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o13

So above is the error message from Calibre when I connect my brand new Kindle Fire 11 (13th Generation).

To make sure I did not do anything wrong, I reset the Kindle back to factory settings. I'm not sure why Calibre is having trouble reading the device. I wonder if it's a defective device.

I am able to "Send to Kindle" so books are getting loaded on to the device, but this error occurs on startup when a job is launched to read the contents of the kindle.

If anyone has any ideas of what to try, let me know.

Much appreciated.
philipblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:21 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem could be that another task is accessing the Kindle Fire when you plug it in. Only one task at a time is allowed to access MTP devices.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-08-2024 at 02:18 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:02 AM   #38
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Too much built in help ?

Somethings may be syncing (Like photos) to-from your PC over the USB.

Everytime I turn around, One of my devices turns on (or removes) a feature that behaves in a way I did not want (breaks something I had been getting away with doing my way )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 07:54 AM   #39
philipblee

Work Around for Calibre #7689 Error

I just purchased the brand new Kindle Fire 11 Max (referred to as KF11 Max in the rest of this message).

I am using Calibre v7.10 on Windows 11. KF11 is running Fire OS 8.3.2.3

When I connect KF11 Max to Calibre and a job is launched to "get list of books from the device". I immediately get WPD #7689 Error message which means that the Kindle Fire returns an error when Calibre does an MTP Request for scanning the device.

This error makes transferring files from Calibre to the KF11 Max very problematic.

I discovered a work-around to this problem that isn't perfect, but it works and I can get my eBooks onto the KF11 Max. Here are the exact steps:

1. Do not connect the KF11 Max to Calibre (avoid #7689 Error)

2. Click Connect/Share-->Connect to Folder-->Select Folder (selected folder)

3. Select the eBooks you want sent to your KF11 Max

3. Click Send to Device-->Send Specific Format-->Main Memory-->AZW3

4. This takes a little time depending on the number of eBooks, but this launches a job to upload those eBooks to the 'selected folder' from step 2

5. Change the USB setting on your KF11 Max device to "File Transfer" and make sure that Windows Explorer can display "Fire" in "My PC".

6. Finally, use File Explorer to copy all eBook files from the 'selected solder' to KF11 Max Drive/Documents folder.

7. The KF11 Max should start ingesting the eBooks and displaying the covers in your KF11 Max Kindle Library

I hope you find this message helpful.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:20 AM   #40
philipblee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem could be that another task is accessing the Kindle Fire when you plug it in. Only one task at a time is allowed to access an MTP devices.
That's a really good point. The Kindle Fire is constantly doing things like syncing with the server, etc. I do turn off wi-fi but there may be other processes running that try to access MTP simultaneously.