Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
Beanski
Beanski doesn't litterBeanski doesn't litter

Device: K3, K4, iPad
UK - Kindle 4 to be delivered tomorrow (5th Oct)

Just had email notification that my K4 (non-touch) will be delivered tomorrow - I week earlier than the 12th Oct UK release advertised
Beanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanski View Post
Just had email notification that my K4 (non-touch) will be delivered tomorrow - I week earlier than the 12th Oct UK release advertised
That is really nice !!! And so different from the experience Sony TRS-1 clients are having right now.

Hope Sony is actively reading this forum, although I sincerely doubt it. I also ordered a K4 NT because I am not so crazy about the touch function in general, and because Sony CS just sucks.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Same email here

Pity the lighted case ain't out till November!
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
MacBeezle
Zealot
MacBeezle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPad, Sony Reader PRS-500U2. Soon: Kindle 4
*damn*

I ordered it from Amazon.de even before the search index was rebuilt - so i should be among the first ones

Still saying "shipped on 11th, October" for me^^
MacBeezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I plan to order one but I'm looking (actually not me, but the people with whom I'll be living together) for a new house and have no idea when it will be rented. So I'm not sure about delivery address, it would be a shame to have it delivered to the old address or something. So I am waiting at the moment.

Can you change the delivery address before it is delivered? Can't wait to get my first ereader. Although I have conflicted feelings about both new models (touch-need to move finger every time to change page and NT-lousy navigation, lack of keyboard, not interested in keyboard model as I don't need keyboard that often, but it would be nice to be able to use it when you need it, also the NT is the cheapest and my budget at the moment is going into minus). I guess NT for simple reading will do fine.

Any ideas if I will have to wait long if I order it later this month? Maybe I should wait till the middle of November when I will actually be living in UK. But patience isn't for me. I hate reading on my laptop.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just got a "Item disptached notice" and a tracking number for delivery tomorrow!

I wonder if it's only those of us that paid for 1 day Express delivery that are getting them tomorrow? Any word from Amazon as to *why* they've moved forward a week?

Not that I'm complaining!
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote