Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-30-2023, 04:05 AM   #1
conquerli
conquerli began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad Color PB742
PocketBook Inkpad Color PB742

Hi,
I got a PocketBook e-Reader which OS is Android。I can't access the PocketBook Cloud. No entry on the new 7.8' e-Reader. How can I sync the reading progress with mobilephone?

Thanks.
conquerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 05:01 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerli View Post
Hi,
I got a PocketBook e-Reader which OS is Android。I can't access the PocketBook Cloud. No entry on the new 7.8' e-Reader. How can I sync the reading progress with mobilephone?
I don't think the Inkpad Color is an Android device (unless the newest update changed something). To access your PocketBook Cloud, I believe you just need to sign into the PocketBook Store. (I don't use either much.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2023, 06:44 AM   #3
conquerli

Thanks for reply.

Follow the link:
https://pocketbook.cn/zh-cn/catalog/...lor-android-cn.

It's a new model.
Old 07-31-2023, 12:52 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for reply.

Follow the link:
https://pocketbook.cn/zh-cn/catalog/...lor-android-cn.

It's a new model.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that there was a third Inkpad Color reader. The only two I knew about were the Inkpad Color and Inkpad Color 2 (both still run Linux). This InkPad Color model (PB742) must be an Asian (or Chinese) specific model. Looks like the Color 2 (which I thought was the only new one) is a PB743C.
Old 07-31-2023, 02:03 AM   #5
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that there was a third Inkpad Color reader. The only two I knew about were the Inkpad Color and Inkpad Color 2 (both still run Linux). This InkPad Color model (PB742) must be an Asian (or Chinese) specific model. Looks like the Color 2 (which I thought was the only new one) is a PB743C.
You are right. PB742 is a specific model for China.
Can I flush the firmware for PB743C on my InkPad PB742 ?
Advert
Old 08-01-2023, 12:30 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
You are right. PB742 is a specific model for China.
Can I flush the firmware for PB743C on my InkPad PB742 ?
I'm guessing not, but I don't know for certain.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:56 AM   #7
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
I think you can install PocketBook Reader app both on phone and eReader.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 03:17 AM   #8
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Wow, it runs Android 8.1. That's quite funny, given the criticism Onyx is getting for continuing to ship Android 11 on their tablets and ereaders.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 05:50 AM   #9
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
I've tried it. Thank you!.
Old 08-04-2023, 07:25 AM   #10
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Wow, it runs Android 8.1. That's quite funny, given the criticism Onyx is getting for continuing to ship Android 11 on their tablets and ereaders.
The version is so old. The latest Android version is 13
Old 08-04-2023, 07:36 AM   #11
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
I've installed the app on my eReader. But the UI in the app is not friendly. The font size,icon,layout... The app is not very compatible with my eReader.
Old 08-04-2023, 08:09 AM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
The version is so old. The latest Android version is 13
My oldest Android phone is v5 and still connects to Playstore and installs some apps
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:04 AM   #13
conquerli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
My oldest Android phone is v5 and still connects to Playstore and installs some apps
The hardware of your phone is so tough.

And the playstore is so friendly not as Apple's appstore.
Old 08-11-2023, 03:18 AM   #14
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The latest InkPad X Pro also comes with Android 8.1. What's up, PocketBook?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 09:39 AM   #15
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
The latest InkPad X Pro also comes with Android 8.1. What's up, PocketBook?
The Chinese may be sitting on the Android 11 EInk drivers
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote