Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-17-2016, 05:54 AM   #76
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I've just ordered another Kobo GLO HD. I've had two and they both developed identical substrate splits, one after 1 week, the other after 11 months. I got an exchange the first time and a refund the second time.

This time I've bought it from John Lewis and paid the £20 for a three year accidental damage warrenty. I know a new device is a possibility but I did like the GLO and would rather not start the case roundabout again. I've already got the GLO HD official cover plus an assortment of third part cases.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:40 AM   #77
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Yes, I do mean the Aura. I dislike the ridge between the bezel and the screen - my old Sony PRS-T1 had one and it irritated me - so neither the Glo HD or the H2O are ideal upgrades for me.
Agreed,one of my dislikes about the pw3 compared to the voyage.

If kobo can get a voyage quality screen in the h2o form factor with perhaps a speed boost from the new I.mx7 I'd pre-order day one.

Just a few weeks to go I guess to see if the Mother's Day rumours are true...gulp
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #78
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
I was in Chapters today and happened to ask if there might be a new Kobo coming.
She replied that indeed there was one coming, that she had just received an email to that effect.
She was short on details but did say it would be thinner and she thought it would be sized in between the Aura and the H2O. (??)
She also couldn't give me a date.
So, according to her one is coming...details unkown.

But whether that was an official email from Chapters to it's employees or a rumour email between employees I don't know.

Joyful
Sooo pretty much confirmed now then? If anyone else lives near a chapters could try seconding this .
Old 04-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #79
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90 View Post
Sooo pretty much confirmed now then? If anyone else lives near a chapters could try seconding this .

Unless Chapters is a special butterfly I wouldn't put much stock in what someone working there said about a new device for a different company. That's not meant to disparage the associate, just that I find it doubtful that they'd get inside information that wouldn't have leaked to other sources. And I don't count GoodEreader as a reliable source.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #80
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
chrisridd said "with the same flush front ". Neither the H2O nor the Glo HD have the flush front of the Aura.
I missed that detail, sorry.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #81
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Unless Chapters is a special butterfly I wouldn't put much stock in what someone working there said about a new device for a different company. That's not meant to disparage the associate, just that I find it doubtful that they'd get inside information that wouldn't have leaked to other sources. And I don't count GoodEreader as a reliable source.
I don't consider that site a reliable source, but -

They are working with Netronix on that 13.3" device. That increases the chance that they really did hear about the new Kobo device (if nothing else, as gossip).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #82
Jason90
Addict

Quote:
Well if someone did say this then book stores only get certain 'devices' coming in so it doesn't take too much imagination to think what it would be.

In any case not worth spending too much time speculating over as an announcement would be due in the next couple of weeks if one is truly coming.

After being burned from the Amazon Oasis I'm cheering for kobo to trump them big time.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:13 AM   #83
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
If this happens, I'll consider the Good Ereader article to be pure and utter lucky coincidence. But the Chapters story sounds a tiny bit promising.

I may be grasping at straws, but sized between the Aura and the H2O could mean 6.8" screen in a thinner and lighter device.

Please, Obi-Wan Kobo, you're my only hope! B&N disappointed me with their ereaders long ago and now Amazon too.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #84
Jason90
Addict

I second that lkmiller.

KOBO HEAR OUR PRAYERS!!!*

*Sacrifice of first born may be required.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #85
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
I'm skeptical too, but these companies are closely tied. Indigo owns Chapters, and Kobo originally came from Indigo. At any rate, I believe Chapters/Indigo is the main retailer for Kobo in Canada.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #86
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Don't get me wrong, I really want to see Kobo offer a new device. I just don't find either of these two sources to be very credible. Though I'll grant Chapters has a bit more merit than GoodEreader despite who GER is working with.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #87
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I missed that detail, sorry.
I bought a Glo HD because I thought it would be almost like the six-inch Aura but with a better screen. In reality they don't seem at all alike to me.

The Glo HD is perfectly fine but it feels thick and blocky and common. The Aura with the flush screen and squarer proportions seems elegant and somehow old-world and I love it. It makes me think I should be reading Jane Austen on it.

I know that makes no sense but there it is.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #88
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I love my Glo HD. It's my first Kobo and won't be my last. I really can't think of any improvements design or hardware wise. Software wise I'd like to be able to disable the brightness gesture, a better dictionary and a better way to sideload books. All in all I'm super happy with my Kobo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:27 AM   #89
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Do you mean the Aura H2O?

I ask because we have a 300dpi version of the 6" Kobo Aura. It's called the Kobo Glo HD.
There was also the Aura HD (6.8 inch, 265 ppi), came out before the H2O with more or less the same specs (minus the waterproofing).
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #90
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Well my replacement Glo HD order was mucked up by John Lewis who have now cancelled it so I will sit on my hands and wait to see if a new model gets released, I'm tempting fate otherwise.

A new flush screen Aura 6 inch with the Glo HD screen would be nice.

Last edited by Josieb1; 04-21-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote