Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-26-2023, 08:23 AM   #1
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Boox Tab Ultra C

300 ppi, Kaleido 3
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:17 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
That's interesting.
It's the first time Onyx has anything bigger than 7" with a 300 DPI (black & white).
There's no other Onyx 7.8 or 10.3 with 300 DPI.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2023, 05:38 PM   #3
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
That's interesting.
It's the first time Onyx has anything bigger than 7" with a 300 DPI (black & white).
There's no other Onyx 7.8 or 10.3 with 300 DPI.
It's the first bigger than 7.8" with 300 PPI. The Nova series uses 300 PPI 7.8" screens.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:32 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
It's the first bigger than 7.8" with 300 PPI.
Oops, my bad.
I was referencing my little reference chart and I had all the 7.8" erroneously marked as 227 DPI.
Even the first B&N 7.8" was 300 DPI.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:28 AM   #5
Isurus
Isurus doesn't litterIsurus doesn't litter

Device: Quaderno A4 Gen2; Sage; Elipsa
This looks exciting, but I am confused about how Kaleido 3 works.

Pardon the newbie question: if it displays 300 dpi black and white and 150dpi colour, does it mean that a pdf or epub document (containing b/w text and colour images) can be displayed EITHER as 300 dpi grayscale OR 150 dpi (pastel) colour? Or does it work as a 150 dpi colour layer over 300 dpi b/w text?
Isurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2023, 05:42 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kaleido technology has a color layer over b/w text
Old 05-05-2023, 09:54 AM   #7
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
It is completely sold out everywhere. It looks like people was waiting for color e-readers for a very long time 😆
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:23 PM   #8
davester
davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX, Yotaphone 2, iPhone7+, Dasung 13.3" HD-FT Monitor, iPad Pro
Unfortunately, the color layer makes the background of the e-reader a gray color, as opposed to the ideal "white" background. This can be viewed at the My Deep Guide unboxing of the product:
https://youtu.be/5AVx7w7eU3Y
...where they show the Tab Ultra vs. Tab Ultra-C side-by-side! I was going to wait for the eventual 13.3" Tab-X C to come out, where I'd plunk down the bucks for that ... but the Kaleido has such a grayish "white" background that I'll be hesitant to get it!?!
davester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 02:00 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
Unfortunately, the color layer makes the background of the e-reader a gray color, as opposed to the ideal "white" background. This can be viewed at the My Deep Guide unboxing of the product:
https://youtu.be/5AVx7w7eU3Y
...where they show the Tab Ultra vs. Tab Ultra-C side-by-side! I was going to wait for the eventual 13.3" Tab-X C to come out, where I'd plunk down the bucks for that ... but the Kaleido has such a grayish "white" background that I'll be hesitant to get it!?!
Light increases contrast, turns gray into white and that's what it's there for - not that the device can be used as a light source
Old 05-06-2023, 02:02 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnm View Post
It is completely sold out everywhere.
They always write that when there is no device in stock, even if the device is not yet available
Old 05-06-2023, 09:32 AM   #11
gunnm
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
They always write that when there is no device in stock, even if the device is not yet available
But there was a preorder, or not yet?
Old 05-06-2023, 03:22 PM   #12
Renate
Wizard

Here is a review of the TUC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkth1h8A__I
And by "My Deep Guide": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AVx7w7eU3Y

Amazon has it posted as unavailable: https://www.amazon.com/BOOX-Tab-Ultr.../dp/B0BZPJNMR5

Last edited by Renate; 05-06-2023 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:39 AM   #13
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
I was going to wait for the eventual 13.3" Tab-X C to come out, where I'd plunk down the bucks for that ... but the Kaleido has such a grayish "white" background that I'll be hesitant to get it!?!

If the last timeline is right again, the Tab XC will be released in August.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 01:41 PM   #14
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
If the last timeline is right again, the Tab XC will be released in August.
https://shop.boox.com/products/tabultrac
Quote:
Sold Out
BOOX Tab Ultra C
$599.99
To be back for pre-order at 10 am (GMT+8) on May 10.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:06 AM   #15
gunnm
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
They are talking about the 13.3 inches models.