Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #3361
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That one is set to expire in two days.
Yep, got in just under the wire.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #3362
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

or, for books you enthusiastically approve of:

ApK
Cool. There have been several other smileys that I've wanted to use, but they were available in the MobileRead stockpile. I'm assuming that you imported them from somewhere else and/or the coding is universally recognized?

Or perhaps your "day job" is designing smileys? ha
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #3363
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

or, for books you enthusiastically approve of:

ApK
Thanks, right now I need a angry face since after I signed up for the "free trial" I got the following notice.

Quote:
As you requested, we are notifying you of an online, phone or mail order charge. A charge of ($USD) 1.00 was authorized at Audible on 12/29/2016 4:21:28 PM EST.
Oh, wait, found it.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:18 PM   #3364
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
Thanks, right now I need a angry face since after I signed up for the "free trial" I got the following notice.

Oh, wait, found it.

Most companies put a dollar hold on the card to make sure the card is active. After a few days it should come off. If it does not just contact your bank and they should refund the fee.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:21 PM   #3365
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 30 Dec
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #3366
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
Most companies put a dollar hold on the card to make sure the card is active. After a few days it should come off. If it does not just contact your bank and they should refund the fee.
Yeah, you'll note it says the charge was "authorized," not "paid." It will clear shortly.

Sometimes, including a couple weeks ago when I signed up for the audiobooks.com free trial, I get an email saying something like:

Quote:
Please note that you may see a pre-authorization charge for $14.95 show up on your PayPal account. Don't worry: you haven't been charged! That's just our system's way of checking to make sure your billing information is valid.
The pre-authorization is voided instantly, but may take between 2-6 business days before PayPal shows the transaction as canceled.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Cheers,
The Audiobooks.com Team
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:31 PM   #3367
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I was offered a credit when I canceled a few days ago. Didn't take it as it didn't feel right since I'd be canceling right away either way.
I was offered a free credit when I went to cancel just now, and I took it.

I had a problem using it, however. The 2-for-1 sale would not recognize it.
I called CS and got several minutes of misinformation. Had to call back and speak to someone else, who eventually had me buy another credit for the 2-for-1 sale for which she would refund my money (which is going to take up to 7-10 days. I hate that. She should have just issued me another credit. ) Then she removed the remaining credit from my account.

I was annoyed, so I went back on the site and cancelled after all.
(This time I was offered the option of a Light membership @ $9.95/year)
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:46 AM   #3368
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today's Audible USA Daily Deal is Peter Pan narrated by Lily Collins. If you have Kindle Unlimited this version is included in the plan. I have listened to the first hour of the book and I really am enjoying the narration. Lily Collins reads this like she is reading the book to her kids at bedtime. I cannot wait to share this one with my niece and nephew. Also note if you "buy" the public domain book and audio combo it will cost you 4 cents more then just the audiobook.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:01 AM   #3369
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 30 Dec
Old 12-30-2016, 11:35 AM   #3370
Red Falcon
Addict

My grand total for my Audible Account for the Year is 102 books bought for a grand total of just over 175 bucks. I managed to chain free and discounted trials through 10 of the 12 months, used my discounted Kindle Unlimited subscription, Library Whispersyncs and three 20 dollar credits to manage this.

Tubemonkey, GtrsRGr8, skinmaan and ApK I want to Thank You for helping me get more books then I can listen to in a year.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #3371
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
My grand total for my Audible Account for the Year is 102 books bought for a grand total of just over 175 bucks. I managed to chain free and discounted trials through 10 of the 12 months, used my discounted Kindle Unlimited subscription, Library Whispersyncs and three 20 dollar credits to manage this.

Tubemonkey, GtrsRGr8, skinmaan and ApK I want to Thank You for helping me get more books then I can listen to in a year.

Thanks and you're quite welcome
Old 12-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #3372
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I just canceled the LivingSocial promo after receiving my second credit. I was only offered the $9.95 plan. Since joining in May 2011, I've canceled so many times and spent so little ($26) that I doubt they see any value in giving me a free book to stay.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #3373
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:

Thanks. I feel guilty being put in the same sentence with tubemonkey, though--he does sooooooo much!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:44 PM   #3374
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I just canceled the LivingSocial promo after receiving my second credit. I was only offered the $9.95 plan. Since joining in May 2011, I've canceled so many times and spent so little ($26) that I doubt they see any value in giving me a free book to stay.
What's the $9.95 plan? Audible Listener Light or something else?
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:50 PM   #3375
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
What's the $9.95 plan? Audible Listener Light or something else?
It's the light plan that allows you to keep your credits and get access to limited sales.