Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #3346
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Thanks. Now I need to go back and re-read the discussion about how to get a U.K. account . . . .
YW, and just sign in with your US account.

BTW, today's Daily Deal - "Lancaster and York" - is geo-restricted, so it's a no go for US customers.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #3347
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
YW, and just sign in with your US account.

BTW, today's Daily Deal - "Lancaster and York" - is geo-restricted, so it's a no go for US customers.
Oh, that's all? Cool. Thanks.

Lancaster and York is one that I would have liked to have had.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:42 PM   #3348
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Oh, that's all? Cool. Thanks.

Lancaster and York is one that I would have liked to have had.
Keep in mind that your status is "Not Enrolled", so you won't be eligible for the sales, but you will be able to buy the Daily Deals that are not geo-restricted.

Quote:
We're sorry. Due to publishing rights restrictions, we are not authorized to sell this item in the country where you live.
I figured you'd want that one.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #3349
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Keep in mind that your status is "Not Enrolled", so you won't be eligible for the sales, but you will be able to buy the Daily Deals that are not geo-restricted.

I figured you'd want that one.
That's as obvious as figuring that a monkey would like a banana.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #3350
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
<snip>
I actually meant to include sales, too. Oh well, part of a pie is better than no piece at all.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #3351
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 29 Dec
Old 12-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #3352
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 29 Dec
Old 12-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #3353
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Audible -- exp 29 Dec
Old 12-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #3354
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
This deal everybody knows about but I'm posting it anyway. I was going to buy an audible/amazon audio book and noticed the free trial includes two free audio books in their free trial. Then I noticed that another offer was an Amazon Free Prime Card which includes a $50 dollar credit applied towards an amazon gift card. Hopefully, I won't get addicted to audiobooks again and end up paying the $14.95 a month fee . . . but that's what amazon/audible is gunning for. (we need a smiley with headphones on to indicate listening to audiobooks)
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:31 AM   #3355
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
(we need a smiley with headphones on to indicate listening to audiobooks)

or, for books you enthusiastically approve of:

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 12-29-2016 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Added the second one, cuz the first looks a little too much like Princess Leia.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #3356
shorttimer1
Enthusiast
shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB X3 Kindle Fire HD 32GB
Regarding Audible, I have a question. If I understand it correctly when you go to cancel and get the option of a free credit if you decide to stay people select that get their credit, and a book then cancel anyway. There are no problems in doing such? the reason I ask is I recently got into audiobooks while I hiked the Ice Age Trail which is approximately 1200 miles. Now my latest promo is about to expire so I plan to cancel and sign up for a new promo. But if I can squeeze an extra book out of them that would be welcome. I keep my membership until another promo comes along but the ones I buy, in addition to my credits, try to pick up the cheaper ones and use my credits for the high priced books.

Thanks
shorttimer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:05 AM   #3357
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorttimer1 View Post
Regarding Audible, I have a question. If I understand it correctly when you go to cancel and get the option of a free credit if you decide to stay people select that get their credit, and a book then cancel anyway. There are no problems in doing such? the reason I ask is I recently got into audiobooks while I hiked the Ice Age Trail which is approximately 1200 miles. Now my latest promo is about to expire so I plan to cancel and sign up for a new promo. But if I can squeeze an extra book out of them that would be welcome. I keep my membership until another promo comes along but the ones I buy, in addition to my credits, try to pick up the cheaper ones and use my credits for the high priced books.

Thanks
If I recall correctly (and this may be false memory spurred by my guilt...) the last time I took that offer to get a free book when I tried to cancel, I did try to cancel again soon after, and I seem to recall it said I had to call customer service.
I did cancel eventually.

Maybe someone here has done it more recently and can tell you, but in any case, I would suggest simply calling Audible CS asking if there are any obligations or restrictions if you accept the offer. They will tell you. Life is often simple like that.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #3358
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I don't recall ever being offered a free credit. The last two times I've been offered a free book from a selected list of titles, none of which appealed to me, so I didn't bother and just canceled.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #3359
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I was offered a credit when I canceled a few days ago. Didn't take it as it didn't feel right since I'd be canceling right away either way. I did sign up for the "Come Back" 2 months/$.99 a month offer today through.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #3360
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I was offered a credit when I canceled a few days ago. Didn't take it as it didn't feel right since I'd be canceling right away either way. I did sign up for the "Come Back" 2 months/$.99 a month offer today through.
That one is set to expire in two days.