Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Error: Unhandled exception

Hi there,
I am trying Calibre with Calibre (3.40.1) Wireless Connection plugin in Koreader (Kobo AuraHD). Calibre shows "connected wireless device: koreader" and Kobo shows connected to Calibre as well. But when I click Device in Calibre, no books can be shown. The popup window says:

Error: Unhandled exception
IndexError:list index out of range
calibre 3.40.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kobo Utilities (2, 8, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 1663, in data
IndexError:list index out of range

I set the SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH2 = "/mnt/sd/.Hidden" (Hidden=my hidden holder name". The calibre metadata file and calibredrive file are in the hidden folder as required. I can successfully send ebooks to the assigned receiving hidden subfolder on Kobo external card by clicking "send to device - send to main memory".

I would like to, ideally, see the books in the device through calibre interface. Unfortunately, I am not able to neither with calibre wireless connection plugin in Koreader nor through usb connection.

Please advise. Thank you.

Last edited by jshzh; 04-22-2019 at 06:15 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I can't help with the WiFi connection, but...

If you are only using KOreader on a Kobo device, and never using nickel, my recommendation is to disable the KoboTouch driver and use either the Folder Device Interface driver or the User Defined USB driver. The KoboTouch driver uses the database on the device to get the list of books. If you don't start nickel, there will be no books in the database. The others will scan the device for books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #3
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I can't help with the WiFi connection, but...

If you are only using KOreader on a Kobo device, and never using nickel, my recommendation is to disable the KoboTouch driver and use either the Folder Device Interface driver or the User Defined USB driver. The KoboTouch driver uses the database on the device to get the list of books. If you don't start nickel, there will be no books in the database. The others will scan the device for books.
Thanks, David, I managed to make Calibre to scan the external sd card of Kobo through USB connections. Books on device (Koreader) show up now but the "edit metedata" button is grey. I probably won't spend time editing the profiles of the 5000 books but still want to see the option available. Any clue?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:58 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Thanks, David, I managed to make Calibre to scan the external sd card of Kobo through USB connections. Books on device (Koreader) show up now but the "edit metedata" button is grey. I probably won't spend time editing the profiles of the 5000 books but still want to see the option available. Any clue?
If you mean you are looking at the device list in calibre, then that is working as designed. Calibre does not have a way to edit the metadata of books on the device. You need to do the changes in the library and resend the book to the device.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:19 AM   #5
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
If you mean you are looking at the device list in calibre, then that is working as designed. Calibre does not have a way to edit the metadata of books on the device. You need to do the changes in the library and resend the book to the device.
Thanks, David. That is probably good news for me, for I don't have to think about editing any more. It took almost 2 hours for Calibre to get the list of books in Koreader. If I disconnect the device and reconnect it, it still takes 3 minutes to get the library on the device ready. With the other Aura I have, it took a whole afternoon to just finish the first scan. I guess, for the purpose of adding or deleting books, it would be easier to use copy and drop in Windows than Calibre as before the rescanning job is done no other task can be executed in Calibre.

Last edited by jshzh; 04-23-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Advert
Old 04-23-2019, 07:56 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Thanks, David. That is probably good news for me, for I don't have to think about editing any more. It took almost 2 hours for Calibre to get the list of books in Koreader. If I disconnect the device and reconnect it, it still takes 3 minutes to get the library on the device ready. With the other Aura I have, it took a whole afternoon to just finish the first scan. I guess, for the purpose of adding or deleting books, it would be easier to use copy and drop in Windows than Calibre as before the rescanning job is done no other task can be executed in Calibre.
I have to ask, how many books do you have on he device? It might help to turn off the "Read metadata from file on device" option. That is what is slowing it down on the first pass, but it needs the file names to contain the author and title. But, after the first read, it should be matching using the metadata.calibre file for any books that calibre has already matched to the books in the library.

An alternative to using a driver of some sort, you could use "Save to disk" to put the files on the device. That allows you to skip a step. But means you don't see what is on the device when in calibre.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #7
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
I have to ask, how many books do you have on he device? It might help to turn off the "Read metadata from file on device" option. That is what is slowing it down on the first pass, but it needs the file names to contain the author and title. But, after the first read, it should be matching using the metadata.calibre file for any books that calibre has already matched to the books in the library.

An alternative to using a driver of some sort, you could use "Save to disk" to put the files on the device. That allows you to skip a step. But means you don't see what is on the device when in calibre.
It may be because my PC is too old and slow. One AuraHD of mine has about 5000 books; the other 14000. Majority are pdfs.