Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #76
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
wow Tom - very neat and tidy ! ...
Oh, if you only knew! "neat","tidy", and "Tom" are words that are rarely seen in the same sentence!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #77
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
My cats ignored cat grass.

Sammy (the one that ate the cassette tape) regularly munches on the indoor ivy plant. Doesn't seem to be poisonous. Keep finding tiny fang marks in the leaves.
When she has hairballs and throws up, she rushes around and eats all the cobwebs she can find - seems to settle her stomach. Go figure!
Both our dog and cat (the one that my daughter takes for walks) eat grass all the time outside, then come inside and promptly throw up on the carpet.

The other cat, that doesn't get to go outside, eats plastic bags all the time .
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #78
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

My helper.

Great shots Thanks!

Don't let your helper eat the goodies!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #79
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Great shots Thanks!

Don't let your helper eat the goodies!

The first time I looked at this picture I had the caption "One of the potato sprouts" visible!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #80
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
There is a type of grass that is called "cat's grass" in French, because cats are supposed to love it. I also remember, when my parents had dogs, they used to eat grass sometimes. So I think "pet grass" is grass (as in lawn grass), not wheat.
catnip, Nepeta cataria. They go crazy with it.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #81
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
vegetable patches and weeds

I planted the lettuce in October, it went to -15°C. We got about 40 inches of snow overall, and here it is, Winter Lettuce! The boxes of concrete are good for the back of yours truly. Just few weeds.

@WT Sharpe: great job, I am proud of you. Your beautiful helper is a Carlino?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 04 14 001.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	49810   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 04 14 002.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	49811   Click image for larger version

Name:	latt.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	49812  
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #82
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
catnip, Nepeta cataria. They go crazy with it.
my one cat goes CRAZY over catnip, the other one couldn't care less....
Old 04-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #83
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Wow, maybe I should try that. Maybe they wouldn't eat my plants then.

I've see that 'Pet grass' in the pet stores. Is that what it is Wheat or Oats? or ?
The stuff sold as 'Pet Grass' in the shops here look just like the oats that I grow. The only difference is that the growing plants cost about $3.00 USD for one pot while the package of oat seeds that I bought at the '100 Yen Shop' produces about 20-30 pot-fulls for 1/3 the price. Of course I do have to hire tiny farmers to come in an plant it...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #84
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
The stuff sold as 'Pet Grass' in the shops here look just like the oats that I grow. The only difference is that the growing plants cost about $3.00 USD for one pot while the package of oat seeds that I bought at the '100 Yen Shop' produces about 20-30 pot-fulls for 1/3 the price. Of course I do have to hire tiny farmers to come in an plant it...

Stitchawl
That's the disadvantage, having to hire all those miniature Chinese farmers...
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #85
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

Corn sprout.

I can't look at growing corn without thinking/quoting
"The Song of Hiawatha"

All around the happy village
Stood the maize-fields, green and shining,
Waved the green plumes of Mondamin,
Waved his soft and sunny tresses,
Filling all the land with plenty.
`T was the women who in Spring-time
Planted the broad fields and fruitful,
Buried in the earth Mondamin;
`T was the women who in Autumn
Stripped the yellow husks of harvest,
Stripped the garments from Mondamin,
Even as Hiawatha taught them.

Stitchawl
Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #86
kennyc

I think of "Jimmy Crack Corn"
Old 04-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #87
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
That's the disadvantage, having to hire all those miniature Chinese farmers...
Hey... if life were perfect, who'd need Ben & Jerry's 'Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?'

Stitchawl
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #88
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
The first time I looked at this picture I had the caption "One of the potato sprouts" visible!
The Day of the Triffugs?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #89
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
I planted the lettuce in October, it went to -15°C. We got about 40 inches of snow overall, and here it is, Winter Lettuce! The boxes of concrete are good for the back of yours truly. Just few weeds.
Great photos! You should have quite a bit of success with that setup. Love the Winter Lettuce photo!

Quote:
@WT Sharpe: great job, I am proud of you. Your beautiful helper is a Carlino?
He's a fawn pug. I've never heard of the designation carlino, but it pops up on pug sites, so I'll have to research that further. He was jumping up on me this morning, and I tried to get a shot of him in the air. Kind of hard to catch the moment with the shutter delay of a digital camera!

Here's another shot of Norton.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04-14 IMG_0689.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	49827  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-14-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #90
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Norton is soooo cute. Does he dig up your neatness?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote