Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
How to make Nook Color use ADB USB drivers?

Hi, I got a Nook Color, rooted it, everything is fine.

I also installed honeycomb on my SD card and booted succesfully into it.
As I understand it I can't do much there until I have Market installed.
For this I need ADB (do I?).

I installed the Android SDK system on my computer (Win7, 64bit), and I enabled USB debugging on my Nook (for testing I chosed the "normal" Android, not Honeycomb).

During all installation guides found on the web I should be prompted with a "new device" question by Windows once I plugged in the Nook now.
It never happened. The Google USB drivers are not used, just the default ones that were there from the first moment I plugged in the Nook. When I manually point my Nook to the Google drivers it either tells me "I already have the newest drivers" or "the drivers do not fit to the hardware" (I don't know the exact English wording here, my messages all pop up in my native German).
Of course that means that "adb devices" just gives me an empty list.

How do I get either ADB to work or somehow else Market on my Honeycomb?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
Noob Saibot
Noob Saibot began at the beginning.

Device: nookColor
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_USB_ADB
should do what you want done.
Also mentioned on that site is a nice script and driver pack to download at:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=910008
That should make the PITA old method a thing of the past. Way easier.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
robert23
robert23 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I followed the instructions for Mac OS X (no drivers needed) and it all worked fine. However, after doing that I can no longer get adb to see my NC over USB (I have tried turning USB debugging off and on several times).

I installed adbWireless and that works fine, even though USB does not.
robert23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
In my case the problem was that I could not get ADB to work until I told my nook not to automount (under development settings)
Too bad this info is none of the instructions I found on the web.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote