Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
erdos
Enthusiast
erdos began at the beginning.

Device: k4, Kobo Clara
help with Axis 360 ebook

i borrowed an ebook with my local library. it needs axis360, I installed the software on my windows pc in order to read it since I don't own smartphone running its apps.

what is axis360 format and how does it store the document? is it possible to read the ebook in this format on kindle?
erdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Axis360 allows you to download an Adobe Digital Editions EPUB.
You will need a smartphone/tablet app or else an E-Ink ereader that supports ADE (like Kobo).

You cannot checkout an Axis360 ebook and read it on a Kindle.
If you live in the US, you can checkout OverDrive ebooks on a Kindle. Personally, I think libraries that switch from OverDrive to Axis360 are being stupid.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I had to download the 360 app in order to return the book. I didn't spend all this time and money on ereading to sit and stare at my computer (except for MR, of course).

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote