Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Update metadata?

When I change the metadata in a book (outside Calibre) that is already in a Calibre library, the metadata in Calibre is not updated automatically. That I can understand, as Calibre would have no way to know this without running monitors. But, how can I tell Calibre to reread the metadata from the ePUB? I tried to delete the metadata.opf in the book directory, but that does not work. I can of course delete the book and reinsert the book, but that sounds rather silly.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THere is a button for that in the top right area of the edit metadata dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, the 'i' icon. I not only totally missed that, I wouldn't have guessed that activity from the dutch translation. I think I will switch to English anyway.
I did find it strange I could not find it, I was sure it had to be there.

Thanks!

As an additional question, is it possible to automate this when the 'Open with...' functionality is used?

Last edited by Toxaris; 05-13-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure I understand what you are asking. Can you elaborate?
Old 05-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard

Sure, is it possible to have a feature/setting that when an ePUB is opened with the 'opened with' functionality, that the metadata is reread automatically.
Advert
Old 05-13-2016, 05:04 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
How would calibre know that you had finished whatever you were doing with the "Open with..."?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:58 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

As PeterT said, open with is asynchronous.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:44 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard

Well, the process id of the started program would no longer be active and the change date of the file would be changed. That would be a clear indication that the changes are done. It would require polling though and I can understand the issues with that. For example watchdog could help with that.