Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
automa
Zealot
automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
On the Mac, how do you make it so that the table of contents are open, when you open

...the file?

When I open it the TOC is folded into the little triangles, and I have to click on them to open it.
automa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You can't control how an app/device displays the ncx ToC from within the epub (in terms of collapsing/expanding the sections). You can "flatten" the toc; so that there is nothing to collapse or expand, but you can't tell a device/app HOW to open the ToC.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-22-2013 at 04:22 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
automa
Zealot
automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is weird because on the Windows, Sigil opens the files with the toc expanded, but on the Mac it seems it always opens the files collapsed so that I have to click on many triangles to get working on it.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you asking how to control (from within the epub) how other devices/apps initially open/display the NCX ToC. But I gather now that you're talking about the differences in behavior between Sigil for Windows and Sigil for Mac?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
automa
Zealot

yes. i would like it to expanded at the time of opening the file.
Advert
Old 01-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
corblimey
corblimey began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm on a Mac and they are open when I open an epub so not sure why yours aren't!
corblimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by automa View Post
yes. i would like it to expanded at the time of opening the file.
have you tried deleting the sigil.ini file?
Sigil remembers the last UI layout on a normal exit. (this is a feature I would love to override. Set it, Save it, then lock it )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
have you tried deleting the sigil.ini file?
Sigil remembers the last UI layout on a normal exit. (this is a feature I would love to override. Set it, Save it, then lock it )
Get it the way you want and then make it read only.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Get it the way you want and then make it read only.

Dale
Wont that crash/abend the ending of Sigil.

besides, there are still other things in that ini that I do want to update:
like the find and replace history
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote