Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #196
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
Driving is never a joke, it is deadly serious, and any distraction just adds to the inherent risk that is always there.
Well said, and it's certainly no joke.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #197
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Well now I have seen Amazon pull at least two books.
One was for trademark violations (the author was unaware she had used a trademark phrase) and the other was for EPIC copyright infringement. That one had put everyone from Dr. Seuss to the Disney character images in her book.

Now as far as published works being taken down, I know a few that took their books down because they were getting nothing but very well deserved one star reviews.
Those books will not be missed.
The key words I used, was - no due cause.

Books may get taken down all the time, for very good reasons.

It is reasons of avarice & greed that I was complaining about.
Control and Power Struggles are other unacceptable reasons.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #198
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
The key words I used, was - no due cause.

Books may get taken down all the time, for very good reasons.

It is reasons of avarice & greed that I was complaining about.
Control and Power Struggles are other unacceptable reasons.
I understood what you meant, I just wanted to point out the reasons to anyone else reading why someone might pull or have their books pulled.

And yes, there are a few that will pull their books because they aren't making the money the authors thought they should be making. Though for some unknown reason, those books usually fall into the almost unreadable category.

Little background on me, I spent 3 years around mostly new authors. I have seen and heard most everything.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:21 AM   #199
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Well, coming from AUS, where until buying online became a worthy & possible thing, we often missed out on releases or they were only available for a short time .... seeing as they were mostly American or British authors ... and there were special deals with other countries and publishers ... or not.

So I missed out on many a good book ... until the revolution happened.

When online purchasing became a reasonable option to me, I managed to get many many books I was never able to, and for decent prices too ... mostly from American and Canadian Library sales ... when those items made it to Booksellers like Better World Books. Then a few years later, ebooks happened for me.

Mind you, meanwhile I had also been getting many goodies from the Gutenberg Project.

So in the end, there is only a small handful remaining, of books I've not yet been able to get.

And I won't talk about the shonky behavior of Publishers who use different names for a book when released in another country. That doesn't seem to be as widespread now, but it still pays to check Wikipedia ... especially as author home pages can't always be trusted to let you know either. You can get caught out when a place like Better World Books sells both versions, and either there isn't a blurb or enough of a one to set alarm bells ringing.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote