Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #166
Vic333
Connoisseur
Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The wife and I got one of each and compared and contrasted.

I originally backed the Nook, but would now suggest the Kindle.

I have details written up in a blog entry:
http://thishollowearth.wordpress.com...-battle-begin/

Last edited by Vic333; 04-30-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Vic333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #167
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic333 View Post

I have details written up in a blog entry:
http://thishollowearth.wordpress.com...-battle-begin/
Vic, nice blog article.
You didn't comment on whether you had the 3G or wifi-only devices? I wasn't even sure if you were comparing a Kindle 2 or 3.
Also, you mention the nook is 'adaptable' because it's android-based OS can be hacked, but you didn't mention all the hacks available for the kindle's linux-based system, including the screensaver hack and an entirely different OS.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:36 AM   #168
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic333 View Post

Welcome to Mobileread ….
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #169
AlexSno
Connoisseur
AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
he it's a little cat and mouse even when it comes to e-readers from family :P
AlexSno is offline   Reply With Quote