Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Promises to Keep Quartet by Shayne Parkinson

In the past, I have recommended Shayne Parkinson's Promises to Keep quartet (historical fiction) here on MR. I also wrote a review of the books on my blog. Today, I have posted a second review of the quartet at my blog titled On Books: Promises to Keep are Promises Kept. I wrote this second review because of my wife's reaction to the books. My original review was On Books: The Promises to Keep Quartet.

The books are available at Smashwords and the first book, Sentence of Marriage, is free.

I'm re-recommending the books because I think they are outstanding representations of what an independent, self-publishing, author is capable of producing -- high-quality, well-written ebooks.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I agree, and I will soon be reading them again...

Thanks, Shayne.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: sony ereader PRS700
I never reread books but I might very well reread those. They are just too good for one reading.

Great books!
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Richard, thank you so much for your wonderful new blog post. And thanks for your kind words, Lene and Pier. What a great start to the day!
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
mrmcmanus
mrmcmanus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (various), Nook color
I so agree with your high praise of Shayne Parkinson. I first learned of her on a Kindle forum and got the first book. Well, I could not put it down despite the fact that I was in the middle of a couple of other books at the time. Then I bought the other 3 and went immediately into the 2nd book as soon as I finished the first. Finally did manage to insert another book in between but now am mesmerized by the third in the series. The writing and editing is outstanding. She is a master storyteller and knows how to keep her readers hooked.
mrmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert