Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 04-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm out of nominations, but it sure would be nice if someone were to nominate Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein. I just had this title recalled to mind after asking for help in the "Name that book?" thread. It's been around 50 years since I've read it and it's time for a re-read.
I'll nominate this after The Atrocity Archives gets a third.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #77
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Last call, everyone. I'm just a spectator at this point, having used all my tokens, but if you're thinking of seconding/thirding one of the remaining books that have been nominated, now is the time to jump in. There are, of course, some very good (and quite diverse) choices that have already gotten their three tokens.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Atrocity Archives can use one more nod and then it's a go. That would bring us up to 8. I will then third something and that will bring us up to 9. So it's a win-win. Go for it.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:11 PM   #79
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll nominate this after The Atrocity Archives gets a third.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Atrocity Archives can use one more nod and then it's a go. That would bring us up to 8. I will then third something and that will bring us up to 9. So it's a win-win. Go for it.
I am out of nominations so I can't help you other than to say The Atrocity Archives is a good read. The main reason I didn't nominate it is that I have already read it and I try to use my votes for something new, especially in a category like this where I am likely to enjoy most of the nominations.

Why don't you third (or even second) something first and hope yours gets thirded in return?
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I am out of nominations so I can't help you other than to say The Atrocity Archives is a good read. The main reason I didn't nominate it is that I have already read it and I try to use my votes for something new, especially in a category like this where I am likely to enjoy most of the nominations.

Why don't you third (or even second) something first and hope yours gets thirded in return?
I'm bartering for a third. If I get my third, we get another third and then almost there.
Advert
Old 04-26-2016, 05:35 PM   #81
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see. What's a little bribery among friends?
Old 04-26-2016, 06:29 PM   #82
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'd take a bribe, but I'm out of votes.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #83
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

5½ hours to go.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:44 PM   #84
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It is stunning to me, as a card-carrying member of the She-Woman Sci-Fi Haters Club, that there's not a title among the fully nominated books that doesn't sound appealing.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:19 PM   #85
Dazrin
Wizard

Incidentally, Charles Stross, author of The Atrocity Archives, published a Laundry Files timeline on his blog today. Minor spoilers, due to the nature of being a timeline for a series, but nothing too serious that I saw. It shows where the three short stories I mentioned earlier fit in too which is nice for me.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:44 PM   #86
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I will second Stranger in a Strange Land.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #87
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I will third The Atrocity Archives.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:14 PM   #88
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I will third The Atrocity Archives.
Sorry, GA (and Jon!), but you've already used your three nominations (The Invisible Man, Stranger in a Strange Land, and Brave New World).
Old 04-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #89
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

34 minutes left for nominations.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:00 AM   #90
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

The nominations are now closed.

Poll on its way.