Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 12:45 PM   #16
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
This has nothing to do with nation politics,unlike Huawei, but with Google policies.
I stand corrected.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #17
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
They can't fix the issue. They're not certified devices and will never be (unless Google changes their CTS and certification rules)

I cannot speak for Onyx, but in Likebooks (in android 6, probably in newer versions too) toggling "Play Store Support" will change the fingerprint. The new fingerprint is spoofed from a device which is certified.

That's all. There're not more options. Or the device cames with a spoofed fingerprint from Stock or the fingerprint is changed on demand.
That does not mean that they cannot perform the spoofing process in a cleaner and more seamless way than they currently are.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2020, 11:46 PM   #18
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
That does not mean that they cannot perform the spoofing process in a cleaner and more seamless way than they currently are.
With Boyue it works without any problems and you can log into your Google account directly
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:27 AM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
For lurkers, you can figure out which device is your ereader spoofing by typing
Code:
adb shell getprop ro.build.fingerprint
and doing a google search with the result.
My Poke 2 and my Likebook Ares are showing:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	both.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	183444  

Last edited by ottischwenk; 11-17-2020 at 12:40 AM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:41 AM   #20
Bluej3
Bluej3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard and kindle oasis 2
Hello, i am not sure if i am posting it in the correct topic, i would like to know if buying a poke3 directly from their boox US website would be better than buying else where? any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluej3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2021, 07:08 PM   #21
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I bought my Poke3 from boox.com when the choices for warehouses were EU, China, US. Since then, they've split off the US warehouse, but I believe we're dealing with the same entity. (I just noticed that boox.com added a UK warehouse.)

Then there is the Russian stuff with a zillion different models that you've never heard of.

If I were going to re-order, I'd buy from https://us.boox.com/
I noticed that the US website doesn't offer the Remoter (clicker) or the foot pedal.

Last edited by Renate; 12-03-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:16 AM   #22
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Although the new 3.2 software is not listed on https://downloads.boox.com/download/poke it is available.

http://firmware-us.boox.com/461618ff...114/update.upx It's about 1.3 GB
The fingerprint is ONYX/Poke3/Poke3:10/2021-12-01_13-38_3.2_33b1305/4170:user/dev-keys

Edit: Oh, they did weirdness. The sleep images now take a landscape format. Your old images will be sideways. So now all the images, shutdown and standby could be the same landscape.

Code:
$ ls -l /data/local/assets/images
-rw-r--r-- 1 system system 9667 2021-12-06 10:05 shutdown.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 system system 9667 2021-12-06 10:04 standby-1.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 system system 9667 2021-12-06 10:04 standby-2.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 system system 9667 2021-12-06 10:04 standby-3.png
The quick settings drop-down panel has made some progress, however, the Refresh button on the statusbar doesn't refresh, it drops down the panel, the same as the adjacent "Sunny" button.

Oh, and another thing. If you can't find your device on ADB (because you are specifying the serial number) Onyx has uppercased your serial number from "abcd1234" to ABCD1234"

Last edited by Renate; 12-06-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote