Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #46
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
No worries I wasn't jeering you, in fact, I appreciated the link. But I think the evidence argument of the people on that site is ridiculous.

In think that in kindleboards people are very anxious with the possibility new kindle, and can see signs in most unlikely places

greetings
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #47
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
But some of us are so desperate for a new PW gadget that we will grasp at any straw offered
Fine, here is fodder for your fanaticism - Refurbished Paperwhite is a lightning deal starting today at 9 a.m. EST! A new one must be on the horizon!!!!

I'm thinking of getting one. Hopefully I can jailbreak it. I just noticed that if I hold my PW1 at an extreme angle, it has 5 pin holes! I hadn't noticed that before. I've only had it since April. Do pinholes multiply over time?

Well phooey, last time they were $69, this time they are $89. Not worth it, to me. And it's a clear sign that No New Device is upcoming. So there!

Last edited by booklover6; 09-05-2014 at 09:01 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #48
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Well phooey, last time they were $69, this time they are $89. Not worth it, to me. And it's a clear sign that No New Device is upcoming. So there!
Bleh I'm disappointed But a new device is coming (it's just a matter of when).
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #49
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe I'll get the mythical PW3. I'm realizing just how $hitty the screen of my certified refurbished PW1 is. I might just put it up for sale on ebay later today.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #50
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
But some of us are so desperate for a new PW gadget that we will grasp at any straw offered
A new one will come eventually, it's too popular for them to stop updating it. I'm still clinging onto my Kindle 4 from 2011, so I am SO ready to jump onboard with a new paperwhite when it's announced. My sister has the original Paperwhite, and I'll for sure buy the new one, I might as well wait for the improvements as opposed to getting the current paperwhite.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #51
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
That's it...I'm done with all this speculation. Let's just go to a reliable source --> Could one of the Brits on this forum please look at the bottom of your teacup and tell us what the leaves say?!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #52
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
They say "We apologise for the lack of prognostication at this time. Please try again later."
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #53
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
They say "We apologise for the lack of prognostication at this time. Please try again later."
Nooooo !...Perhaps you could try the Earl Grey?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:51 AM   #54
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Fine, here is fodder for your fanaticism - Refurbished Paperwhite is a lightning deal starting today at 9 a.m. EST! A new one must be on the horizon!!!!

I'm thinking of getting one. Hopefully I can jailbreak it. I just noticed that if I hold my PW1 at an extreme angle, it has 5 pin holes! I hadn't noticed that before. I've only had it since April. Do pinholes multiply over time?

I thought I also had pinholes at extreme angle but those were just lit up spots which disappeared when I wiped the screen.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:10 AM   #55
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
If they don't release a new version this year, for me it will make a refreshing change from companies who have to release something every year, without any major improvements,
just to milk peoples purses.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #56
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
If they don't release a new version this year, for me it will make a refreshing change from companies who have to release something every year, without any major improvements,
But it would be nice if they would tell us that! I want the 4Gb so much that I would buy a new PW2 if I knew there was no PW3 / new model being released this year.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #57
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
You don't have to buy a new version every year. For someone who hasn't purchased a Kindle in 3 or more years, a new Paperwhite this year would be a major improvement.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #58
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I can't see why Amazon would release an upgrade atm. They are not interested in sizes other than 6" or improving the UI (custom fonts, weighting fonts, margin options, etc).
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #59
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I can't see why Amazon would release an upgrade atm. They are not interested in sizes other than 6" or improving the UI (custom fonts, weighting fonts, margin options, etc).
How do you know they aren't in the process of making a 6.8" Carta Paperwhite DX?
Old 09-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #60
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
I want to believe, but if I'm not mistaken, the link that fellow at kboards posted is for the first generation PW. Note the "1 used from $89.95" blurb on the right hand side of the page and the "Click here to go to the current version of the Kindle Paperwhite detail page" message at the top of the page.

Then again, I don't want to believe too badly. If a new PW came out, I'd probably buy it, and I need to be saving my money.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote