Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
rahlquist
Enthusiast
rahlquist is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color (ICS)
Moving Only a Specific Format to Other Library

Hello,

I have looked around a bit and am unable to find the answer to this so far. I have many books in mobi that I have converted to epub. I generally only use the epub format for these books now but would like to move the mobi formats to a separate archive library so I have the originals. I have been unable to find a way to move just the one format to the new library other than to copy all the books to the other library and then delete the epub versions that get copied with the mobi versions. Am I missing something? The delete function lets you delete by format, am I missing where the copy function does the same?

Thanks!
rahlquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlquist View Post
I have been unable to find a way to move just the one format to the new library other than to copy all the books to the other library and then delete the epub versions that get copied with the mobi versions. Am I missing something? The delete function lets you delete by format, am I missing where the copy function does the same?

Thanks!
No, I think that the way you found (copy the lot, then delete the unwanted format(s)) is the only way. 'Copy' handles books, not formats.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
:seconded:

Once the books have arrived, Select All(books): you can use delete books (right click) OPTIONS of your choice
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
rahlquist
Enthusiast
rahlquist is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color (ICS)
Thanks everyone, maybe we can hope in the future since the delete is able to select with this level of ability perhaps copy will too. hint hint
rahlquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahlquist View Post
but would like to move the mobi formats to a separate archive library so I have the originals.
Thanks!
Not sure if I understand you correctly, but check this:

In case your goal would be keeping tabs on the original files (as opposed to the converted ones) the advice I received in this forum simply was to create a custom column and input the name of the original format for each record.

By doing so you can easily backtrack the origin of each book and you might get around duplicating loads of files or even managing a second library.
miquele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert