Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #91
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Here's the link -- Death's Heretic
Oops...
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:36 PM   #92
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Downpour Rental of the Week -- exp 25 Jan
Quote:
Filled with faces old and new, this collection of stories from the master of humor promises pure entertainment for audiobook lovers everywhere.

P. G. Wodehouse’s famed collection of ten stories marks the reappearance of many old friends—who find themselves in delightfully absurd situations. In “How’s That, Umpire?” a mutual hatred of cricket reunites two lovers. In “Birth of a Salesman,” Lord Emsworth has strayed from Blandings Castle to become an encyclopedia salesman for a day. “Success Story” tells of Ukridge’s finest swindle yet—after which he finally emerges triumphant in the struggle against his fearsome aunt Julia. Other stories include “The Shadow Passes,” “Bramley Is So Bracing,” “Up from the Depths,” “Feet of Clay,” “Excelsior,” “Rodney Has a Relapse,” and “Tangled Hearts.”

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-19-2016 at 11:38 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #93
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
X-link to the DRM-free megathread for the new Humble Bundle:

Humble Audiobook Bundle: Smart Fun! The Best of National Public Radio contains mostly comedy/humour-oriented programs from NPR, but also a Star Wars radio drama and an audiobook reading of a non-fiction science title, plus some interviews/documentaries about the funny stuff.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #94
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Per the latest PRH newsletter:

If I recall correctly, they have offered this one for free before but it was missing a chapter or two. Hopefully they will have fixed the problem this time. I'll (or someone will) put up another reminder when it's available.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
By my calendar, this one should be live now. (I'm at work so I can't check.) I'll check the length when I get home to see if they fixed the missing bits.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
By my calendar, this one should be live now. (I'm at work so I can't check.) I'll check the length when I get home to see if they fixed the missing bits.
Still showing A Christmas Story.
Advert
Old 01-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #96
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Audible Promo

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-21-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #97
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Still showing A Christmas Story.
It's up now. Shows to be a whole 5 minutes longer than the last time. Not sure that is enough to qualify as "complete" without listening. Direct link.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #98
skinmaan
Wizard

They thought they could hide it from me, but I'm on to them! PRH, over at the crafter section of TryAudiobooks.com, added a sneaky freebie. If you're interested in "Killer Heat" by Linda Fairstein, it's available. I can confirm that this is the unabridged version. You never know how long this will stay up, as they rotate these through on an uneven schedule, so if you're interested don't delay.

Quote:
It's August in New York, and the only thing that's hotter than the pavement is Manhattan D.A. Alex Cooper's professional and personal life. Just as she's claiming an especially gratifying victory in a rape case, she gets the call: the body of a young woman has been found in an abandoned building. The brutality of the murder is disturbing enough, but when a second body, beaten and disposed of in exactly same manner, is found off the Belt Parkway, the city's top brass want the killer found fast, before the tabloids can start churning out ghoulish serial-killer headlines.

Between dodging the bullets of the gang members who are infuriated by Alex's most recent courtroom victory and keeping a rendezvous with a charming restaurateur, a serial killer on the loose is the last thing she needs on her plate right now. Then a third victim is found, and it becomes clear to Alex and her team that time is not on their side.

Through Alex's peerless interrogation skills - and one big break - the search becomes focused on someone who has a twisted obsession with the military. And things grow increasingly dangerous when the chase leads to a chain of small, abandoned islands around New York harbor.

Once again, Linda Fairstein brilliantly orchestrates a mix of cutting-edge legal issues and forensics, New York City history, and spine-tingling suspense. And at the center of it all is Alex Cooper: stunning, single-minded, accomplished, and not to be trifled with, whether she's in or out of a courtroom.
Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Old 01-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #99
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
My Volumes app had a notification pop up about a freebie for 24 hours only. But then I loaded the app, forgot the title, and it's not showing easily on the home screen. Anyone catch it?
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #100
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It's up now. Shows to be a whole 5 minutes longer than the last time. Not sure that is enough to qualify as "complete" without listening. Direct link.
Quote:
They thought they could hide it from me, but I'm on to them! PRH, over at the crafter section of TryAudiobooks.com, added a sneaky freebie. If you're interested in "Killer Heat" by Linda Fairstein, it's available. I can confirm that this is the unabridged version. You never know how long this will stay up, as they rotate these through on an uneven schedule, so if you're interested don't delay.
Thanks; will add both books to the OP
Old 01-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #101
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
My Volumes app had a notification pop up about a freebie for 24 hours only. But then I loaded the app, forgot the title, and it's not showing easily on the home screen. Anyone catch it?
That's "Call of the Wild." Also on the Facebook site.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:11 PM   #102
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Here's a listing of the free audiobooks currently available from Penguin Random House. This listing can be found in the OP (opening post) for future reference.

Penguin Random House (xx titles) -- TryAudiobooks (xx titles)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-23-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #103
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I checked the location where I had found the gap in the earlier version, and it has been corrected.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #104
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Audible is showing a price of $4.95 for Blue Monday, by Nicci French, narrated by Beth Chalmers; this is the first book in the Frieda Klein series. I don't know if this is a mistake or a temporary price drop, so if you're interested, it's probably best not to wait.

Quote:
The stunning first book in a new series of psychological thrillers introducing an unforgettable London psychotherapist.

Frieda Klein is a solitary, incisive psychotherapist who spends her sleepless nights walking along the ancient rivers that have been forced underground in modern London. She believes that the world is a messy, uncontrollable place, but what we can control is what is inside our heads. This attitude is reflected in her own life, which is an austere one of refuge, personal integrity, and order.

The abduction of five-year-old Matthew Farraday provokes a national outcry and a desperate police hunt. And when his face is splashed over the newspapers, Frieda cannot ignore the coincidence: one of her patients has been having dreams in which he has a hunger for a child. A red-haired child he can describe in perfect detail, a child the spitting image of Matthew. She finds herself in the center of the investigation, serving as the reluctant sidekick of the chief inspector.

Drawing listeners into a haunting world in which the terrors of the mind have spilled over into real life, Blue Monday introduces a compelling protagonist and a chilling mystery that will appeal to listeners of dark crime fiction and fans of In Treatment and The Killing.
I have not read or listened to this one, but last year I read most of Nicci French's stand-alone thrillers and "she" (the name is a pseudonym for a writing team) is one of my new favorite thriller writers.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #105
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Audible is showing a price of $4.95 for Blue Monday
I had to go to Amazon (Audible format) to get the $4.95 price.

Thanks for sharing!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote