Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
dustyp
dustyp began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
calibre for audio files?

Sorry that this is off topic, but...
Does anybody know of any program either for Windows or Linux that does a similar job to Calibre but for audio files / music instead of books?
In particular, I'm looking for something that will import my audio into a database with fields for title, artist, category and date. Hopefully including a pnp server and/or a media player.
Thanks,
- Dusty
Old 06-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I just use Windows Media Player.
And it will do artists, album, song, genre and dates.
Advert
Old 06-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I use iTunes.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I use iTunes.
Same.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Nope, Dusty, there isn't anything out there that will do all of what you want except Itunes. Itunes works on Windows, but won't load your file onto anything but an Ithing. The good news is that Ipod Nano was MADE for audiobooks and they last a very long time. I've yet to have one wear out, although my Mom's Nano's battery is dead so it is permanently in a docking station until well, whenever. Yep, that's another advantage. It will continue to work even when the battery is dead provided it's in a docking station. Most MP3s do not bypass the battery.

Due to space issues, I store my converted audios on an external and use an Open Office spreadsheet to track my audiobooks. I have over 500 just at Audible, and that doesn't include rips from CDs and downloads, so it helps other family members know what I have.
Advert
Old 06-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
dustyp
dustyp began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Itunes

I've tried using iTunes but I seem to be incompatible with using it. iTunes frequently gets me into a state where I lose my temper with it, both on the PC and a Mac.
Somehow it just doesn't work as I expect it to or it spends much too long thinking/selecting/doing a job and I lose my temper with it.
All apple software has that effect on me and I'm famed for saying F£&king Apple.
On it's good side - I do have 1.3Tb of audio files all on a pair of NAS devices connected via a gigabyte network accessed by a hex cored computer with 24 Gb of RAM.
My Calibre library is on the same NAS and has over 35,000 books (some of which were legally purchased) and take up 84Gb of storage and Calibre responds more or less instantly.
If only somebody would take the source of Calibre and fork it to Calibaud. Sadly, that it beyond my capabilities.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:47 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
We will not permit these forums to be used to request assistance with pirated material. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
audio file manager, requirement