Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2024, 06:05 AM   #1
penguintri
Enthusiast
penguintri began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Library Screen Book Covers - Kindle Oasis 2017

Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere, I did a search but couldn’t find anything.

I’m having an issue with book covers not showing on the library screen on my Kindle Oasis 2017. They just show the generic template cover. These are books purchased from Amazon and not sideloaded.

The covers do show fine on the lock screen though when I sleep the kindle.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
penguintri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 11:50 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguintri View Post
Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere, I did a search but couldn’t find anything.

I’m having an issue with book covers not showing on the library screen on my Kindle Oasis 2017. They just show the generic template cover. These are books purchased from Amazon and not sideloaded.

The covers do show fine on the lock screen though when I sleep the kindle.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
Yes some issue with the web service that generates thumbnails.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-08-2024 at 01:24 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2024, 03:13 AM   #3
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
I just saw this post on reddit from a user with a brand new Kindle having the same issue as penguintri. Several people in the thread mention having a similar problem. Apparently Amazon acknowledged it’s an issue on their side and are investigating.

Last edited by BionicGecko; 05-08-2024 at 04:18 AM.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 10:27 AM   #4
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Can confirm. It's also happening to my Kindle.
With new books from Amazon, and from Libby.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:31 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[deleted]

Last edited by tomsem; 05-08-2024 at 01:25 PM.
Advert
Old Yesterday, 12:27 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Working again.