Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
How to make custom column for Goodreads shelves?

I use Goodreads information for metadata and covers via the metadata plugboard, and I also use the Goodreads plug-in to add my books to shelves on Goodreads.

I would like to make a custom column that lists which Goodreads shelves I've placed books on when I add them via the Goodreads plugin. Mainly so I can know which books I've added and where, and which have yet to be added to my GR library.

Is there a way to do this, and if so, how? And also, is there a way to sync this column in case I move books around on my GR account (and again, if so, how?)

Thanks!
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
I use Goodreads information for metadata and covers via the metadata plugboard, and I also use the Goodreads plug-in to add my books to shelves on Goodreads.

I would like to make a custom column that lists which Goodreads shelves I've placed books on when I add them via the Goodreads plugin. Mainly so I can know which books I've added and where, and which have yet to be added to my GR library.

Is there a way to do this, and if so, how? And also, is there a way to sync this column in case I move books around on my GR account (and again, if so, how?)
@Lily7 - I am not 100% sure, but have you tried this optional plug in ==>> Goodreads Sync

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2015, 02:45 AM   #3
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Lily7 - I am not 100% sure, but have you tried this optional plug in ==>> Goodreads Sync

BR
Yes, that is the plugin I am talking about in my OP.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:38 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, that is the plugin I am talking about in my OP.
@Lily7 - I thought perhaps your OP was referring to the Goodreads metadata source PI, hence my 'I'm not 100% sure' - it was a shot in the dark

I don't use any Goodreads plugins in anger. Hopefully someone who does will be able to help you.

BR
Old 08-25-2015, 03:46 AM   #5
Lily7
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Lily7 - I thought perhaps your OP was referring to the Goodreads metadata source PI, hence my 'I'm not 100% sure' - it was a shot in the dark

I don't use any Goodreads plugins in anger. Hopefully someone who does will be able to help you.

BR
In anger? lol what does that mean?
Advert
Old 08-25-2015, 06:44 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
In anger? lol what does that mean?
In the way of Joyce

Quote:
Bloom, says he. The courthouse is a blind. He had a few bob on Throwaway and he's gone to gather in the shekels.
Is it that whiteeyed kaffir? says the citizen, that never backed a horse in anger in his life?
Also as in 'never fired a shot in anger'

Figurative for 'seriously'

BR