Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2016, 10:54 AM   #316
Leo365
Leo365 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Yes. It just takes a developer to allocate time for it. My time is limited.

See this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...63#post3323263

I just discovered that the PHP code blocks in that linked post display great in my chrome browser on my laptop PC, but on my android smartphone, viewing that post in chrome is very frustrating. The code blocks have large fonts (bigger than other post text) instead of the smallest "size 1" text. And worse, it extends off the right of the PHP code block with NO SCROLL BARS. Useless user experience. And I have published too much code here in that format -- how can we fix PHP tags on this website for android chrome web browsing?

EDIT: Scrolling in PHP blocks on android device solved. Just drag the text block around inside the PHP window, despite no scroll bars. Not a website problem -- just a different in user interface between desktop and mobile google chrome web browsers. Glad I figured that out. Time to read find android docs and RTFM?
You have always done great job!

Last edited by Leo365; 07-24-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Leo365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #317
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo365 View Post
You have always done great job!
Thanks. Nice to know I am appreciated after a lifetme of being picked on by bullies for being "too different".
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2016, 12:12 PM   #318
Leo365
Leo365 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Thanks. Nice to know I am appreciated after a lifetme of being picked on by bullies for being "too different".
Refinement. I can't find the right words to describe, but I think what you want is something pure, simple and beautiful.
Leo365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:53 PM   #319
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo365 View Post
Refinement. I can't find the right words to describe, but I think what you want is something pure, simple and beautiful.
The word that covers all those concepts is "elegance". Elegant code is small, simple, fast, efficient, optimal, safe, pure. Some quick and dirty hacks can have their own elegance that must be understood to be appreciated (outside the norm). IMHO.

I lot of my code here was actually composed inside the mobileread post edit boxes, which is why it is formatted the way it is (to minimize scrolling).
Old 07-24-2016, 02:47 PM   #320
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Almost hidden and hard to see, lower right corner of this text area, see little pattern of gray dots?
Grab those and pull this text box as large as you want / have screen room for.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #321
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Almost hidden and hard to see, lower right corner of this text area, see little pattern of gray dots?
Grab those and pull this text box as large as you want / have screen room for.
I was aware of that, but I want it viewable onscreen (size 1 font) without sideways scrolling, so I adjust it to fit that when possible. But that may change soon (back to my commercial coding style).

Rather than "edit box" I should probably have said "PHP code block" regarding formatting, but yes, I do compose my code in that edit box (losing it more than once when I got an error loading the preview page).