Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Kindle paperwhite audio support.

I am wondering if it would be possible to make a kual extension that would play mp3's using amazon's audio adapter.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
I am wondering if it would be possible to make a kual extension that would play mp3's using amazon's audio adapter.
Yes, certainly. Twobob's Balsamic demo played sound and video using a tweaked version of my gmplay, and it worked for about 20 seconds on my PW3 with cheap USB sound dongle befor segfaulting (using a KUAL extension, in fact). Debugging is in on yhe menu, and MP3 decoding, or use whatever built-in apps (or borrow from an earlier kindle model) than can already play mp3s.

It may not be hard to build open source players from source either with a good toolchain.

But Balsmic proves it can work.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2016, 09:13 PM   #3
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Yes, certainly. Twobob's Balsamic demo played sound and video using a tweaked version of my gmplay, and it worked for about 20 seconds on my PW3 with cheap USB sound dongle befor segfaulting (using a KUAL extension, in fact). Debugging is in on yhe menu, and MP3 decoding, or use whatever built-in apps (or borrow from an earlier kindle model) than can already play mp3s.

It may not be hard to build open source players from source either with a good toolchain.

But Balsmic proves it can work.
So is there a extension or does it have to be made.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Have you searched posts authored by twobob yet?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:03 PM   #5
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Quote:
Have you searched posts authored by twobob yet?
I wrote my own extension for Balsamic and several of my eink demos, plus my video player with a menu for various videos. Easy to grab an existing extension and tweak it.

I will post a shortened version of my gmdemo extension here. I only tested this on my PW3. The PW2 needs a usbotg kernel module support that amazon does not provide, though we should be able to add what is missing (with compatible kernel vermagic).

extensions/gmdemo/config.xml:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<extension>
  <information>
    <name>Geekmaster Video</name>
    <version>1.5a</version>
    <author>geekmaster</author>
    <id>gmvid</id>
  </information>
  <menus>
    <menu type="json" dynamic="true">menu.json</menu>
  </menus>
</extension>
extensions/gmdemo/menu.json:
PHP Code:
{

"items": [
    {

"name""Geekmaster Demos",

"priority"0,

"items": [
        {
"name""Balsamic: twobob audio/video demo""priority"1"action""bin/gmdemo.sh""params""Balsamic noise.wav"},
        {
"name""titty: geekmaster tiny tty demo""priority"1"action""bin/gmdemo.sh""params""titty"}
      ]
    }
  ]

extensions/gmdemo/bin/gmdemo.sh:
PHP Code:
#!/bin/sh
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
killall 
-stop Xorg cvm # pause framework
eips -c
pause 1

bin
/$@

killall -cont cvm Xorg # resume framework
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0

return 
Demo files from eink algorithmic art thread:

extensions/gmdemo/noise.wav
extensions/gmdemo/bin/Balsamic
extensions/gmdemo/bin/titty
extensions/gmdemo/bin/titty.png

Beware that Balsamic blows up after playing the audio tune (with eink animation) for awhile. It works fine on earlier kindles with sound. Not sure how to fix that yet.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-23-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 01:00 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
bin/$@
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:57 AM   #7
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
bin/$@
That was just a copy/paste of a legacy-ish script (with non-working demos removed).

I used $@ in newer scripts. I think I learned it from you not that long ago, in fact...

The problem with copy/paste is old inefficiencies have a habit of creeping into new code, depending on the source.

Post updated. Thanks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-23-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #8
SKK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That was just a copy/paste of a legacy-ish script (with non-working demos removed).

I used $@ in newer scripts. I think I learned it from you not that long ago, in fact...

The problem with copy/paste is old inefficiencies have a habit of creeping into new code, depending on the source.

Post updated. Thanks.
Thanks for your help.