Notices

Old 09-23-2016, 09:52 AM   #1
sahbi
Enthusiast
sahbi is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony:psr 650 , KOBO:aura h2O, KOBO:Aura One
Aura one registration alternative

Hi folks,
is there a reliable way to register my new aura one without internet connection, I mean no WIFi and no kobo desktop.I did this with my aura h2o by adding a record manually in a sql file, does the same method works with the aura one?
sahbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
All kobo f/he's are basically the same (aside from some device specific drivers) do yes, the same approach should work. Some of the newer f/w releases do perform more validation on the data in the table where the ID is stored and will force a reset if the data does not pass all the checks.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Best alternative is to simply create an account with a totally nonexistent address. I think Kobo does not require confirmation to set up the device (caution: purchases made in that way are lost once you forget the address )
Of course, this still requires an internet connection but is almost as good
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
What Peter said should work, but something makes me think someone tried it and reported this didn't work with 4.0 firmware due to some changes in the database. Not sure anyone has taken the time to figure out what to do differently yet.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
..., but something makes me think someone tried it and reported this didn't work with 4.0 firmware due to some changes in the database.
Works for me under 4.0.7523 as it did before (with the previous two or three FWs).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #6
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
I did this with my aura h2o by adding a record manually in a sql file
I'm curious:what record is added?
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Works for me under 4.0.7523 as it did before (with the previous two or three FWs).
Good. Thank you for correcting me. Have you done it from scratch in 4.0 or it's just survived upgrade from older versions?
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
I'm curious:what record is added?
A row in the table "user". If you search here, there are suggestions on what to put into a dummy row.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:04 PM   #9
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Good. Thank you for correcting me. Have you done it from scratch in 4.0 or it's just survived upgrade from older versions?
It survived.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:08 AM   #10
sahbi
Enthusiast
sahbi is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony:psr 650 , KOBO:aura h2O, KOBO:Aura One
Thanks for the answers, but I was so impatient to test the KA1, that I registered with a dummy profile online, I don't know if KOBO deposit any crap on my device during the registration process, but good to know that it works with last fw 4.0.7523. So if I save the sql3 file now anyway and restore it after a Hard reset, this will function as registration back up, or am I wrong ?
By the way and like always on Kobo devices (especially this one, due to the pixels density)reading pdfs is not possible.But the display is real georgous.
sahbi is offline   Reply With Quote