Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-05-2023, 11:48 AM   #1
Rayanth
Rayanth began at the beginning.

Device: none
Download metadata cannot find book on Amazon

I purchase a lot of ebooks through HumbleBundle deals, and use Calibre to manage the library. about 10-20% of the books that I acquire this way are missing metadata, so I use the ISBN and 'download metadata' to retrieve the data from Amazon/Google. So far, this has worked exceedingly well.

However, I just came across a couple of cookbooks that have no ISBN, however they ARE listed on Amazon. For one of them, Calibre is still failing to find the book, even when I provide it the Amazon id explicitly in the IDs field. The error log indicates it actually IS finding the book in the search results, but it is "skipping non-book results".

Is there an option to make Calibre use this result somehow, even though it thinks it is a "non book result"? In the Amazon listing on their site, it is listed as a single-issue magazine. I could find nothing in Calibre settings that indicated a way to force it to be used.

Thanks
Rayanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isnt. You will just have to enter the data for that book manually. Non-book results are deliberately exlucded as otherwise searching amazon returns all kinds of junk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert